ReefCleaners.org

Columbus, Ohio

HuBu

just wondering if anyone here lives in Columbus, Ohio. ill be heading there in Aug for a wedding, just wanted to see if theres any good LFS there i should know about or does anyone up there have any corals to sell or trade.

I grew up just outside of Columbus (prior to becoming an aquarium hobbiest) and still have family there...so we visit.  I can't truly vouch for the quality of this place, having never purchased there myself but they always seem to have a wonderful selection & the prices weren't bad at all.  I swing by just to browse & check out their displays when I have some free time.

Aquarium Adventures, 3632 W. Dublin Granville Road

It's kind of an aquarium superstore.  Really big.  But again, I have not personally purchased from them.

Have fun!

Carinya

The livestock prices at Aqaurium Adventure are absolutly outrageous, typically being about 400-500% above mail order outlets.  I can give you some examples if you're interested.  The quality of their stock is also poor.  I was there just yesterday and noticed two tanks next to one another with dead flame angels and dead yellow tangs respectivly.  The tang tank had at least 15 or so in a 30g.  I'll shop at Aquarium Adventure for inexpensive dry goods or aquariums only.  Otherwise I can do much better online.

A much better store is Byerlys on Fifth Avenue.  Though their prices are still rather high the staff is very knowledgeable and they do carry some interesting things from time to time.

Christopher Marks

Yes, Aquarium Adventure's pricing is horrible.  Byerly's on 5th is a better place -> though the prices are still high.  Byerly's is in Grandview, not sure on the exact address though.

When are you going to be in Columbus?  Maybe you can stop by here! (40 min east of Columbus)

Byerly's Aquarium Supplies

1472 W Fifth Ave

Columbus OH 43212

614-486-7435

Their prices on dry goods are very high, livestock prices are high but not unreasonable.

Make the trip to Byerlys.  I was at Aquarium Adventure last weekend and was really disappointed.  Thier tanks were filthy and lacked stock.  Coral display was a joke.  Hopefully they stock up before your August visit.  

Let me know when you'll be in town and maybe we can meet at Starbucks across from Byerlys for a cup of coffee.

Aquarium Adventure and Byerlys are the only 2 worth visiting (thats sad to say----maybe I'll open a store....)

parhead

• 2 weeks later...

Archived