inTank Media Baskets

Deep Blue Professional 30 Gallon Shallow Help

smille

Just picked up a new Deep Blue Professional 30G reef ready tank. I have never had a drilled tank before and have no idea on how to set-up the plumbing kit that comes with it. There are absolutely no directions!! Hoping someone can give me some detailed instructions or point me in the right direction. Also hoping someone who has one can tell me what additional plumbing parts I need to connect this to the sump I just purchased.

Sorry for such a basic question.

Thanks!

I have this tank. My return bulkhead is in the right hole if you are looking at the tank from the front. Drain is on the left. They come with barbed bulkhead fittings so you can use rubber flex piping. I am sure you know how to screw the bulkheads on and so fourth?

DreTheReefer

Just set up the 57 reef ready put the bigger bulk head in the bigger hole smaller in the other make sure that there is a rubber gasket on each end. Screw the bulkhead in. Measure for your flexible tubing cut the tubing and attach it I used a few zip ties to secure it just in case. Then full uP just the overflow box and check and make sure no water is leaking. If all is good place your sump underneath and attach your return pump and filter sock if you are using one and your good to go. Good luck

Just set up the 57 reef ready put the bigger bulk head in the bigger hole smaller in the other make sure that there is a rubber gasket on each end. Screw the bulkhead in. Measure for your flexible tubing cut the tubing and attach it I used a few zip ties to secure it just in case. Then full uP just the overflow box and check and make sure no water is leaking. If all is good place your sump underneath and attach your return pump and filter sock if you are using one and your good to go. Good luck

Sounds about right. I also wanted to add that the deep blue bulkheads are JUNK. The so called rubber washers are not rubber they are neoprene. A good bulkhead has 1 rubber washer on the wetside. I trashed there junk bulkheads and went slip to slip on mine with hard PVC plumbing.

Thanks! I'll try this when I get home from work tomorrow!

Any reco's on a good return pump?

Sounds about right. I also wanted to add that the deep blue bulkheads are JUNK. The so called rubber washers are not rubber they are neoprene. A good bulkhead has 1 rubber washer on the wetside. I trashed there junk bulkheads and went slip to slip on mine with hard PVC plumbing.

Actually posted my reply before your response was posted. Don't want to use their bulkheads if they are junk. Could you tell me exactly what I would need to replace them with and where you ordered from? Real rookie here and want to make sure I'm doing this right!

I am using a Maxijet 1800 utility pump on mine. I have been using there return pumps for years. I like them because of the flow adjustment. I ordered my bulkheads from www.premiumaquatics.com But mine are slip to slip not slip to barb thread like the deep blue ones. So you will have to use primer and glue for pvc piping if you go that route. Alot of people use the deep blue bulkheads they provide with no problems. They just looked to cheap for me. There barbed bulkheads let you use flexible rubber hose which makes it easy for a rookie.

No laughing at my basic questions!!!

I just had time to look at this again and have some more questions. Using the bulkheads that came with the tank for now. I screwed in the bulkheads with a washer on both the dry and wet side. Looking for confirmation that I did the next steps correctly.

1. I inserted the long white return pipe into the smaller of the bulk heads (return). On top of this I screwed in the black elbow and attached the return nozzle
  2. For the drain, I inserted the 1 1/4 to 1 reducer into the larger bulkhead
  3. I then inserted the 1 1/4 standpipe into the reducer
  4. I then topped the standpipe with the strainer and attached the 90 elbow

Now my additional questions:

1. Just noticed that the sump I have has a slip fitting, not a barb fitting like my bulkhead. How do I handle this?

Appreciate the help!

Lets try some pictures. Does this look correct? Also, the bulkhead in my sump is glued in. How do I make a connection from the barbed bulkhead in my tank to this non-barbed bulkhead in my sump.

Thanks!

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

Archived