Coral Vue Hydros

Help ID please

Caronte

:unsure: Hi everyne :

Can anybody helps me to identified this please:

Is it good or bad ?. It is soft, silicone like texture and color and I presume it's a kind of worm. It won't move and it's attached to the rock

A sponge maybe. Or maybe some neglected remnants of a leather coral. Those are just guesses. I'm sure someone on here can give you a more definitive answer.

Edit, does it have holes anywhere? Sponges have water intake and outlets.

Also I found some tiny snail as a hitchickers from my Vanuatu LR. Because these are rocks from real reefs, should I presume that they are reef safe? I assume thy're algae grazers because they roam through the glass

maybe some neglected remnants of a leather coral.

I don't think is dead and looks pretty much alive to me. I feel that there is "something" inside

altolamprologus
Also I found some tiny snail as a hitchickers from my Vanuatu LR. Because these are rocks from real reefs, should I presume that they are reef safe? I assume thy're algae grazers because they roam through the glass

Never presume anything is reef safe. In fact, coral predators are generally ONLY found on reefs. Post a pic or look here for an ID

Never presume anything is reef safe. In fact, coral predators are generally ONLY found on reefs. Post a pic or look here for an ID

Ok thanks for the tip. But the snail it's so small that I won't be able to take a picture of it.

This is the best I can do. It's less than 1 mm in diameter

Make sure its a snail and not a flatworm. I cant really tell from the picture

It is an snail. Have a conical conch (Nasarious style), and amtenna. I saw it with a big magnifier. Also I'm sure it's not a nudibranch

Ok thanks for the tip. But the snail it's so small that I won't be able to take a picture of it.

This is the best I can do. It's less than 1 mm in diameter

Does it have a shell? If so maybe a limpet or chiton.

Does it have a shell? If so maybe a limpet or chiton.

IYes, it have a shell but still transparent. Maybe it just hatch yesterday. My tank it's four days old now

The other thing worries me more. Looks very creepy. Should I get ride of it, to be safe?

IYes, it have a shell but still transparent. Maybe it just hatch yesterday. My tank it's four days old now

The other thing worries me more. Looks very creepy. Should I get ride of it, to be safe?

The other thing is stationary so you're safe. I'd take the snail out though if you can't get a proper ID. You see it today, but you may never see it again until one day you have 100 of them and they're damaging your livestock.

The other thing is stationary so you're safe. I'd take the snail out though if you can't get a proper ID. You see it today, but you may never see it again until one day you have 100 of them and they're damaging your livestock.

AHA! Snail it's gone!. Thank you guys

Archived