Pod Your Reef

cpr hang on refugium on a eclipse 12??

neumahrs

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to use the filter box for doing that. I've got the p trap made for the in take to create the siphon.

Then at the box.. this is where I need help, I'm nude to all this stuff :D

| o   F | c |  LR  & Algae   ||         |   |-- sand --       |+------+--+-----------+ R|

O = Overflow in case that area gets too much flow from the pump

F= Floss

LR= Live Rock Rubble

c = Active Carbon

R= return

The refugium will be on reverse light cycle with white leds to promote algae growth.

I was thinking of micro algaes for better popluation density, but don't know whats a good choice.

I don't see any reason why you can't... although you would have to modify you're exclipse hood a bit to get the refugium to fit on there...

Here's a picture of mine (19" long) on my 10 gal. tank.

*I'm still in the process of setting up my tank so there's nothing in the fuge yet...*

I have the 18" aquafuge model on my eclipse system 12 nano.

It's a pretty tight fit but it does fit in their quite well. I'm very pleased with the unit other then that stupid POS RIO on there. It's noisy as hell plus I've heard WAY too many horror stories about them. I'll be looking at replacing it real soon though.

You will have to hack up the hood a bit so that fuge will fit into the tank. I can take some pics of the setup if you want.

Good luck

You have to do a lot :D Well actually, do you want the hood to be fully removable with refugium hanging on it?

From my experience of Eclipse 12 hood modding (I was attaching a Prizm to it). The back panel needs to be cut, the out flow hangs on top of the filter peusdo sump. The intake tube needs to be custom made.

If you don't care about removing the refugium first to take off the hood. Then just hang the refugium on top of the filter peusdo sump. Hack your in take tube and attach vinly tubing to it and route the intake over the filter box into the tank.

Edit:

Opps spoke too soon. Looks like the CPR Refugium is designed better than the Prizm.

From the picture, it looks like you can route in the intake via the accessory panel. The out needs some creative plumbing. The filter box is the way on that side. If the out can be mounting on the opposite panel, then just plumb back to the accessory panel of the hood.

ok this is what i did so far... I ordered the cpr aquafuge 18" model at the store i work at. Once I get it i'll start measuring and hack away at the top :-) Now if there was an easy way of putting a hinge system on my eclipse top. I hate taking it completely off and on...argh...but maybe i'm being too picky..oh well

I plan on lighting it with a 36 watt jbj clip-on light (i hate jbj but can't complain too much if i got it for free).

Updates will be posted as well as some pics...

on a side note...anyone have a good easy solution for surface extraction (if you mention paper towel i'll have to smack ya:P )?

I'm looking at the date of my original post (august 10th) to the first actual response( September 6) lol...i guess no body saw it at first...anyways..its late and i always ramble.

aquafuge-tank.jpg

hood_pic.jpg

hood_corner.jpg

Here's some pics of my setup.

Like I said it's a real tight setup but it does fit on there.

I had to cut out some slots in the middle and in the corner and side a little bit so that things would fit.

I'm fairly happy with the setup other then that POS rio. I have two types of macro in the fuge as well as a few inches of sand and some rubble rock. My nitrates have been at zero now for quite some time. I do a water change every two weeks usually, sometimes every week depending on how busy or lazy I am. :)

Have fun modding it.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by heero

I have the 18" aquafuge model on my eclipse system 12 nano.  

It's a pretty tight fit but it does fit in their quite well. I'm very pleased with the unit other then that stupid POS RIO on there. It's noisy as hell plus I've heard WAY too many horror stories about them. I'll be looking at replacing it real soon though.

You will have to hack up the hood a bit so that fuge will fit into the tank. I can take some pics of the setup if you want.

Good luck

I saw the pics you posted, mind posting one of the aquafuge from the back (if you can, if not no big deal). Whered and how much $$ did you get it?

• 1 month later...

Archived