Top Shelf Aquatics

what kind of clownfish is this?

deathstar29

deathstar29

Got this clownfish over a year ago it was labeled as a maroon clown. From all the other maroon clownfish I have seen at the local fish stores, have yet to see another one like it.

The one I have it is very dark in color and almost a dark brown with bright orange highlights on its fins. It also has a very faint yellow/gold stripe on its head, it is hardly noticeable on its mid body and tail.

It could be a maroon clown but all the other ones I have seen are bright red-dark maroon.

Just wanted to know what you guys think it is, and maybe get a positive ID on it.

pic 2

post-67824-1344218424_thumb.jpg

post-67824-1344218600_thumb.jpg

deathstar29

pic 3

Absolutely, positively, that's a maroon clown

Absolutely, positively, that's a maroon clown

thanks for the fast reply

post-67824-1344218672_thumb.jpg

albertthiel
Got this clownfish over a year ago it was labeled as a maroon clown. From all the other maroon clownfish I have seen at the local fish stores, have yet to see another one like it.

The one I have it is very dark in color and almost a dark brown with bright orange highlights on its fins. It also has a very faint yellow/gold stripe on its head, it is hardly noticeable on its mid body and tail.

It could be a maroon clown but all the other ones I have seen are bright red-dark maroon.

Just wanted to know what you guys think it is, and maybe get a positive ID on it.

pic 2

Looks like a Premnas but the striping is a bit off ... this could be a species that is not often seen. The usual one is Premnas biaculeatus but that one's striping is a bit different but yours looks very close to it.

Google pictures of Premnas biaculeatus and see whether you can find a match

Albert

Archived