Innovative Marine Aquariums

Xenia prob

CaptFDU

One of the stalks on my xenia rock is dying. It just started looseing the little fingers and then the hands and now its just got bare stalks with nothing at the ends. Anyone ever heard of this? Is there a cure? I don't want to loose the rest of my Xenia. I test the water often and everything is where it is supposed to be. Any help is appreciated.

digitallinx

are you sure nothing in your tank is nipping at it...I had a rock of xenia and after a while it was gone, due to my blue devil nipping at it.

The only new thing in the tank is a neon goby, and I have never seen him nip at it. The xenia has been hapy and healthy for the past 2 months.

What does "everything is where it is supposed to be" mean and what test kits are you using? What kind of xenia is it? Do you "dose" the tank with anything?

when i first start up my tank i was real worried when my xenia starting to die away like CaptFDU, and now 10mos later its driving me crazy growing all over the tank.i give away about 10 heads last month and now about 10 heads is growing back. so let it die or it will attack you in the future.

Archived