Cultivated Reef

tetra half moon 10g seamless aquarium

laurajrc

I just purchased this tank and love it but for the bottom; it has thick glass sides but a flimsy plastic like bottom. Anyone familiar with this tank and it's strength? I want to put live rock and corals in it.

I just purchased this tank and love it but for the bottom; it has thick glass sides but a flimsy plastic like bottom. Anyone familiar with this tank and it's strength? I want to put live rock and corals in it.

With the amount of money a reef cost I would not risk buying something that you have to ask is this strong enough. Just get a good tank and save your self the worries.

For the hundred bucks get a decent rimless like mr aqua or somthing. Nothing that comes with that tank will be serviceable to you if you keep coral.

When I was working at a shop we had several returned because of leaks, so I'd recommend redoing the seams or putting more silicone on top of whats there. I've got one and I love it, but I'm using it as a vivarium :P imo, its a wonderful and unique aquarium, just needs some caution like a good pretest for leaking seams

Archived