Cultivated Reef

Antique camera

patback

I was hoping some people on here may be interested and maybe have some information on this camera. I know nothing about it, it doesn't even have a name anywhere on it, except for a design on the back that I know nothing of. The only thing I know of it is that it took some pretty gruesome pics of Guadal canal, so I know a time frame of how old it might be.

9ec9cb7e.jpg

8ee51da4.jpg

42b991c1.jpg

Any help, even just a brand name will be greatly appreciated.

randythefishdude

i buy and sell those areent worth nothing unless you have a very very rare brand or make ,conditon is important too ,i will buy buy those for like 2-3 bucks not worth your time

i buy and sell those areent worth nothing unless you have a very very rare brand or make ,conditon is important too ,i will buy buy those for like 2-3 bucks not worth your time

I think the key words in your entire statement are, "unless you have a very very rare brand or make"

Those little words can be worth cash.

I'd research it more online if it trips your fancy to spend your time that way. Post pictures of it on a few photography forums or such. Worked for me with a old fly fishing rod I found tucked in the basement rafter of the house me purchased. Put a few inquires up and guy made me an offer. Probably sold it to cheap, but what the hell.

randythefishdude
I think the key words in your entire statement are, "unless you have a very very rare brand or make"

Those little words can be worth cash.

I'd research it more online if it trips your fancy to spend your time that way. Post pictures of it on a few photography forums or such. Worked for me with a old fly fishing rod I found tucked in the basement rafter of the house me purchased. Put a few inquires up and guy made me an offer. Probably sold it to cheap, but what the hell.

look on ebay ...there are veryvery few that are selling in that form, only a few brands are worth money i see hundreds of those kinds of cameras selling for 1-10 dollars and you could have a gem thats worth 10-***watever someone will pay, im just saying dont get your hopes up people are only buying the best of the best right now as far as antiques

How about this one? Worth anything?

bea029cf.jpg

this looks odd it may be worth some money

just saying i just bought a rare crosley radio for 100$ fully restored that was worth 300+ 5 years ago the market is bad ...everyone is selling from shows like pawn stars and american pickers but not enougth people are buying

I'm not lookin to sell it, just a little curious about it. He also gave me a flag from the battle of "Guadal canal". I know he says it is, and he definitely came back from the war with it and was at that battle, I just don't know know if im sold on that idea since it isn't as tattered as one would think.

TeflonTomDosh
I'm not lookin to sell it, just a little curious about it. He also gave me a flag from the battle of "Guadal canal". I know he says it is, and he definitely came back from the war with it and was at that battle, I just don't know know if im sold on that idea since it isn't as tattered as one would think.

Looks like new Sony DSLR to me. Score!!! :haha:

The only thing I know of it is that it took some pretty gruesome pics of Guadal canal, so I know a time frame of how old it might be.

I assume you got the picture developed? They might be worth more than the camera itself it. Actually the pictures and camera sold together would make a nice story.

Post the pictures, lets see your definition of gruesome.

I assume you got the picture developed? They might be worth more than the camera itself it. Actually the pictures and camera sold together would make a nice story.

Post the pictures, lets see your definition of gruesome.

Honestly, I dont know if it's even legal to have the pictures and they are not nano reef friendly. I saw them once when I was younger an he hid them. I'll probably never see them again until he passes away.

Archived