SaltCritters.com

LED build

firechild

I'm not going to do a full build thread here but will just post some photos of the build that I just finished with a few explanatory points.

I had 6 custom MCPCBs made up (these may be familiar as I've posted them in other threads previously) with 10x XP-E royal blue, 2x XP-E blue, 2x XP-G cool white and 4x XP-G neutral white emitters:

PCB%20assembled.jpg

Mounted them on heatsinks and attached them to aluminium angle in pairs:

DSCN6827.jpg

Put them inside my aluminium enclosure.

light_unwired.jpg

Drilled some holes, attached lenses and mounted the light:

light_31072012.jpg

tank_31072012.jpg

What materials did you use to make the fixture? What aluminum parts and where did you get them? I made mine with aluminum sheets but it didn't come out as nice As I wanted. Any info is appreciated

What materials did you use to make the fixture? What aluminum parts and where did you get them? I made mine with aluminum sheets but it didn't come out as nice As I wanted. Any info is appreciated

I had the fixture custom made by Takachi Enclosures in Japan. It's not a cheap option but I got the fixture I wanted so it was worth it.

Tank and lights look awesome. What size tank is that and what are your plans for this tank?

Thanks. The tank is a custom size, 93x78x65cm (slightly larger in each dimension than 36x30x24"). It's going to be an SPS tank with some small fish (gramma, gobies, assessors, etc). I have 2 sumps, one under the tank and one through the wall in a dedicated room with a total of about 300L (tank is 475L) so I've got space for multiple fuges, frag rack, etc.

Sounds like you've got all the bells and whistles! Very interested to see what this tank looks like in the future as it matures.

Archived