SaltCritters.com

should something go between stand and tank?

FamousGuy

I cant think of the material off hand, the only one i can think of right now is styrofoam.. They use it because the surface of the wood may not be perfectly leveled, so the foam helps in leveling out small imperfections.

3/4 inch styro foam,

The reasons are two fold

1. it helps level the tank reducing stress on the glass (not a problem with nano's i believe)

2. it insulates the tank from the heat of external air cooled pumps in the sump (also not a problem for nano's i believe)

HTH,

Toyfreek

You shouldn't NEED anything in between the two...buuut as tosi said some people do to help compensate for any irregularities in the surface of the stand. You could use the padding, (rubber mat type) that they use under carpet if ya wanted... in fact a rug store would prolly just give it to you... they usually have scraps of it laying around.

where can you get styrofoam like that, home depot? I was thinking about just cutting an old sheet to fit the bottom...the reason i ask is my seaclear is just slightly wobbly on the stand, which means either the tank is slighty bowed or the stand (probably the tank, the stand seem flat)

Archived