Innovative Marine Aquariums

MP10 Control

ltlevil1

If I understand it correctly, the MP10 type pumps can be directly driven and controlled with an Apex controller. I understand all the pulse and wave functions will only be what the program says, but other than that, can you control the pump with an Apex? Anyone done this?

Rollermonkey

I have my MP10 plugged into the energy bar 8 of my Apex Lite. It's an on-off thing only. There's no AquaBus port on the MP10 to control the levels or modes from the Apex.

Basically, I can hit the feed button on my iPad to turn off the MP10 and the return pump at the same time to do feedings or take pictures.

Marine Depot

If you have a MP10 with the Wireless Ecosmart Driver, then all you would need is the Wireless Expansion Module (WXM) for your Neptune Apex controller. If you don't have the wireless MP10, you would need to get the Wireless EcoSmart Driver Upgrade kit. This would allow your Neptune Apex to become the master and the MP10 as the slave. The commands are sent wirelessly to the MP10 driver.

The benefits of having your Apex control your wireless MP10 is that: You can fine tune the settings by setting your exact feed mode duration and intensity. Assign the pump to different standby modes for water changes and feedings. The ability to change through different profiles throughout the day for a wide variety of flow patterns with the exact intensity such as reef crest at 75% during the day, nutrient transport mode at 100% in the evenings, then a reduced flow rate of 60% that will be more gentle for your fish to rest at night.

While having the MP10 controlled by the Apex is not neccesary, it is nice being able to centralize and control everything from the Apex system.

Dan

eddiecorrea
I have my MP10 plugged into the energy bar 8 of my Apex Lite. It's an on-off thing only. There's no AquaBus port on the MP10 to control the levels or modes from the Apex.

Basically, I can hit the feed button on my iPad to turn off the MP10 and the return pump at the same time to do feedings or take pictures.

But if you get the WXM module you can control everything for your Vortech via your Apex. Soon as I get another Vortech I'll be picking up the WXM module. Knew I should have never sold mine the first time! haha

Rollermonkey

I stand by my answer. An Apex can't control an MP10 directly without at least one more module. More stuff is needed if he doesn't have the wireless MP10.

:P

eddiecorrea
I stand by my answer. An Apex can't control an MP10 directly without at least one more module. More stuff is needed if he doesn't have the wireless MP10.

:P

Ya but completely turning off your MP10 via the Apex resets your night settings if you have them set.

I was pretty sure that's how it worked, but saw a couple posts that led me to think maybe not. I knew the deal with the WXM module. Right now i just have a JBJ wavemaker with two pumps switching on and off or I can manually have them both on. They are plugged into my ApexJr as well as my filter so when feeding time comes around I eithr hit feed mode or just turn them off with my phone. My wife laughs at me when I ask if she;s seen my phone. No honey I haven't seen it, you can use mine oh that's right you don't use it to talk to anybody, you need it ti feed the corals ;) I'm going to also look intot the Tune pumps a little more too. I'm not completely sold on the vortechs yet. I know they are nice pumps and if I setup a Mr Aqua 12L that would be a nice addition, but with a 12g Edge I need a little more versatility.

It's a nice function to have. I currently have an mp40 and an mp10 (both wireless) running with the WXM module on my APEX. I run different wave settings, sync, antisync, and various intensities throughout the day to simulate tidal changes. The coral and fish seem to respond well. It's very easy to make adjustments on the computer to your program as well.

Archived