Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dave's 20g Reef Build

limpert

I've kept freshwater tanks for years and have finally decided to build a reef tank. I intend to track my progress here and update with pictures as I go along. Thanks

bj8gsw.jpg

2dgrrih.jpg

1553n08.jpg

2e2dxc3.jpg

Will be doing DIY GU10 LEDs as well. More to come...

Nice I want to make a sump eventually and those are the baffles I'll use! Looks like a great setup so far, keep up the good work!

i think squared was asking about the acrylic because it will probably not hold up for very long.....just sayin'

i think squared was asking about the acrylic because it will probably not hold up for very long.....just sayin'

yep

i tried acrylic on my 10g sump, they were bending pretty bad. lowes sells some glass plates that should fit, or at least my local lowes does.

I'm hoping i dont run into issues with the acrylic, is there anyone who HAS successfully used thin acrylic baffles? It would be a huge pain to fix this once the tank is up and running so i prefer to fix this now if its going to be an issue. The water level on both sides of the baffles will be about the same so i'm hoping there wont be much force pushing on them.

incorporated plywood into the stand

2s959g3.jpg

Here's the miter box i used for the 45* trim on the door

a3fr7l.jpg

2agqhjq.jpg

2rm8s34.jpg

Paint pictures to come...

Putting together my lights and am trying to decide what configuration i want to use for the GU10s. Leaning towards option A.

Option A

2ppwl88.jpg

Option B

2saihpx.jpg

Option C

2rwufpg.jpg

Option D - suggestions??

First things first, dogpark

280pqu8.jpg

Doneski.

29ngpso.jpg

esselent

how do you connect all those GU bulbs to a power source? im noob at LED

• 2 weeks later...

More updates to come. Will be ordering BRS dryrock and most likely an RO DI. Second thinking macro algae in the fuge... will most likely just put additional liverock in the middle section.

For a skimmer ill be going with the SC-65

$(KGrHqN,!hME-(5VozSdBP5MN5,(Cg~~60_12.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived