Pod Your Reef

Led moonlights

nano452

Hey everyone, I have a white/actinic Finnex Ray 2 led fixture on my 5 gallon now but I want to make my corals POP more and want to use my current fixture too. Are there any good led actinics that I could add in addition to my current fixture that you guys recommend? Thanks

TheDrunkenClam

IMO best two options out there are R2 solutions or Ecoxotic 453nm stunner strip. It's really just up to your personal preference as far as color. Since you have the white/actinic combo and are looking for more "pop" I would suggest the Ecoxotic stunner strip.

I would personal recommend the ecoxotic 12 inch stunner strip.

IMO best two options out there are R2 solutions or Ecoxotic 453nm stunner strip. It's really just up to your personal preference as far as color. Since you have the white/actinic combo and are looking for more "pop" I would suggest the Ecoxotic stunner strip.

Lol you JACK@$$, I was replying hopefully trying to get the first response and you beat me to it! B)

Thanks, do you think one single R2 solutions would light up my 16 inch tank fully?

TheDrunkenClam
Thanks, do you think one single R2 solutions would light up my 16 inch tank fully?

Well are we talking 16'' length, width, or height? Either way I guess you would be fine with just one single unit as they come with 5 super bright leds I believe. I also read somewhere that supposedly one unit is capable of lighting up a 130g RSM. It really depends on if you just want some ambient light for night time or if you want a moon light that will really add more actinic light to your tank. So basically if your looking for a night light for minimal viewing at night get the R2 and if you want more actinic "pop" get the stunner strip as that thing has far more than 5 leds. Hope that helps.

Well are we talking 16'' length, width, or height? Either way I guess you would be fine with just one single unit as they come with 5 super bright leds I believe. I also read somewhere that supposedly one unit is capable of lighting up a 130g RSM. It really depends on if you just want some ambient light for night time or if you want a moon light that will really add more actinic light to your tank. So basically if your looking for a night light for minimal viewing at night get the R2 and if you want more actinic "pop" get the stunner strip as that thing has far more than 5 leds. Hope that helps.

It really helps, thanks man

TheDrunkenClam

No problem man. I just saw your new post on your tank and btw looks great. Since its a 5g I would def say the R2 would be enough to light it up. If you want overkill pull the trigger on the stunner strip but price wise for $30 those R2's are tempting and for a pico would look great.

No problem man. I just saw your new post on your tank and btw looks great. Since its a 5g I would def say the R2 would be enough to light it up. If you want overkill pull the trigger on the stunner strip but price wise for $30 those R2's are tempting and for a pico would look great.

Thanks, I think I will start with the R2s for now and I'll get the stunners down the line if I want more.

Archived