Coral Vue Hydros

AI led's or T5's For a 120 gallon mixed reef?

jgpico

As the title states, I am trying to decide whether to go with AI fixtures or an 8 bulb T5 fixture for my 120 gallon reef build. I'd like to know what you would go with and why. Thanks for the help guys/gals.

As the title states, I am trying to decide whether to go with AI fixtures or an 8 bulb T5 fixture for my 120 gallon reef build. I'd like to know what you would go with and why. Thanks for the help guys/gals.

If you want to successfully keep any clams in there go for the T5's for sure.

AI keep clams perfectly fine. Had deresas and maximas under them. However, I prefer T5s due to better color with SPS

For the people who have T5 fixtures now, how often do you change out your bulbs? Also is there any way for me to get the led shimmer if I am using T5's?

LEDs are great and so are T5's, just like mentioned above those two combined would be perfect but LEDs IMHO are better then T5's for a few reasons, LEDs last longer, much brighter output, and with most LED fixtures they are controllable unlike T5 fixtures and aqua allumination makes awesome products. But hey it's your tank so go with whatever makes you happy:)

How many ai's would I need for this size tank? I am still tryin to decide which route I want to go but my buddy is selling his ai's for a good price because he has to tear his tank down. He has 3 total.

The tank is 24x24x48. I think I might actually try to do 2 ai's and maybe do a couple rettrofit t5's on each side. That should be more than enough.

Archived