SaltCritters.com

Brown/Orange Algae

Mozimo

I just got home from work to find tons of brownish/orange algae all over my rocks, my tank has been cycling for over two weeks now, ammonia, nitrate and nitrite were all 0 last night but my phosphates have been hanging around the 8-10ppm mark. Just wondering what type of algae and what steps to take! I've got 3 electric blue zebras in there for now , just added them a couple days ago to tackle algae and any die off, 25g with 38 lbs LR and 20lbs LS! Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :D

I just got home from work to find tons of brownish/orange algae all over my rocks, my tank has been cycling for over two weeks now, ammonia, nitrate and nitrite were all 0 last night but my phosphates have been hanging around the 8-10ppm mark. Just wondering what type of algae and what steps to take! I've got 3 electric blue zebras in there for now , just added them a couple days ago to tackle algae and any die off, 25g with 38 lbs LR and 20lbs LS! Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :D

I added a phosphate remover to my filter the other day and the phosphates have come down from 10 to 8 so that's on the right track!!

That's natural for the brownish/orange algae. My guess would be that your cycle is over. It should die off soon but I would suggest going ahead and getting a cleaner crew. You can get a nice cleaner crew from reef cleaners or from live aquaria and build your own cleaner crew.

That's natural for the brownish/orange algae. My guess would be that your cycle is over. It should die off soon but I would suggest going ahead and getting a cleaner crew. You can get a nice cleaner crew from reef cleaners or from live aquaria and build your own cleaner crew.

Problem is I live in Canada so I can't order from those sites, I'm going to get some snails tonight and a few more hermits

Bongo Shrimp

It's common for this to occur sometimes after/during a cycle. It will probably go away as things begin to stabilize.

Go Wings!

Archived