Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Can one 150w PFO ballast run 2x70w MH's?

T?@7

Hey folks, LONG TIME NO POST! I've been maintaining my nano consistently, just quit browsing. Ive got the bug to do some upgrades and just so happen to have a nice spare canopy laying around :).

My current setup is 1x70w USHIO and 2x32w AC03 PC's, actually been running only one PC since the rear one prevented use of my physh float switch.....

What I would ideally like to do is buy another 70w setup and really blaze this mother up, but im unsure if they could be wired in parrallel and ran off the same ballast. If not, no biggie, that wont stop my plans, but it'd be nice and easy if it'd work :)

Thanks for any insight/input.

~R

bamann345

I am going to have to say no on that one. Dont know why, but I have never heard of people doing that before.

i just got that answer from a friend of mine!

DOH!

Well, so, is there such thing as a reliable 70w ballast nowadays?

Ice cap just came out with a 70 watt ballast. Check PC for the one online store that carries them already. I can't remember which it was.

bamann345

oceanencounter.com has them. I have an icecap one and it is wonderful. I got it when they were still testing them out and it has started an USHIO every time on the 1st try.

Undertheradar

you can contact a member here by the name of jorgeinmiami...he works at a lighting distributor. I helped him set up an aquarium lighhting deal. He sells the new aromat 5EU ballasts, already wired and boxed...just connect bulb and go...for about $60. Very good ballast.

Out of curiosity...what size tank is it?

ReeferMonkey

Yes, he does, check the Classifieds forum, the title is something like "150 HQI ballast & bulb."

Archived