Coral Vue Hydros

beananimal overflow water level

warfanax

I am about to drill my tank for beananimal overflow, and I have to know some things before I start.

how can I calculate how much water will drain to the sump when pump fails? is it determined by the height of the full siphon 90 degree elbows or the overflow box slots?

every time I see a video of beananimal, the overflow box water level doesn't raise more than the downward 90 degree elbow, so when return pump fails only the water from the tank which is higher than the overflow box slots will drain into the box and go into the sump. in another saying, whole tank water will not drain until the elbow, only the water which is above the bottom of overflow box slots. Is this correct? As far as I see the overflow box doesn't become full unless the pipes are blocked, so I shouldn't consider the distance of the elbow from the rim when calculating?

If you look at the picture, I assume the water level inside the box is determined by how deep you cut the teeth. so basically when pump fails only this amount of water inside the overflow box will drain down?

post-73872-1343340308_thumb.jpg

Grumblecakes

safe bet would be the bottom of the elbow inlet. if the box is setup and sealed properly them the bottom of the overflow teeth. Being paranoid myself (and building a tank atm) im erroring on the side that everything that could go wrong will and allowing the volume of water from the bottom of the elbow to the top of the tank to be able to drain into the sump without overflowing.

safe bet would be the bottom of the elbow inlet. if the box is setup and sealed properly them the bottom of the overflow teeth. Being paranoid myself (and building a tank atm) im erroring on the side that everything that could go wrong will and allowing the volume of water from the bottom of the elbow to the top of the tank to be able to drain into the sump without overflowing.

so if the box build well water will drain to the bottom of the teeth... well its good enough for me. I have a 10g sump and can't fit anything bigger then 10g inside the cabinet.

Archived