Cultivated Reef

marineland reef capable leds

JMMG

i was wondering if the marineland reef capable leds system is enough for growing zoas, mushrooms and GSP?, i am only planning in growing those, i am not getting serious in advanced corals or such things as SPS. can i get away with this LED system for growing begginer corals as mushrooms, zoas , xenias and GSP? I have a 26 gallon bowfront. sorry for my english and thanks for your time.

• 4 weeks later...
bdevillier19

you should be fine with that light for what you are looking at growing, however, if you havent purchased the light already i would look on the classifieds for a used AI sol blue or even go with rapid LED's puck light. what size of marineland are you looking at by the way?

you are probably looking at 24-32". i have those and I do not recommend. Expensive and you can buy something with more control and better colors. I have Marineland Reff Capable but I rewired them so I can control blue and white leds seperately. I also added 3 Panorama Pro modules. After adding Panorama the color changed drastically. I have a lot of growth and I am very happy. With Marineland only, the corals looked grey. Also Marineland Leds give spot light effect, what I mean is that in some areas of the tank you will have more lights than in others. This make coral placement pretty complicated and frustrating.

Archived