SaltCritters.com

Light Needed For 40 Breeder

basicfisherman

basicfisherman

I have been looking at possibly buying a retail light for a 40 breeder that I'm setting up. Curious what people have for ideas on what to use. I have been looking at Maxspect Razor R420R LED but saw a video on Youtube and it didn't appear to have the light output I thought it should have on a tank that size. I would like to keep the price around 500$ or less.

TeflonTomDosh
I have been looking at possibly buying a retail light for a 40 breeder that I'm setting up. Curious what people have for ideas on what to use. I have been looking at Maxspect Razor R420R LED but saw a video on Youtube and it didn't appear to have the light output I thought it should have on a tank that size. I would like to keep the price around 500$ or less.

This is what I just bought, LOVE IT!

http://www.marinedepot.com/36_Inch_6x39W_S...TFIT56U-vi.html

I got mine from a local distributor of Sunlight Supplys' products though. For 280. So IF you go this route, you might want to check into that.

I've had 3 setups on my 40.

6x39 T5

4x39 T5 / 2x 150 MH

2x39 T5 / 2x150 MH is what I currently have on my 65 (same footprint as a 40, just taller) and I have plenty of light. I'll go DIY LED someday when I have the xtra $$.

All my lighting is DIY in a canopy btw.

basicfisherman

T-5's are always a great option but I'm looking for anyone's suggestion on LED lights. I had a Nova Extreme Pro on my BC29 till I went LED. I don't think I could go back due the cost of the bulbs.

Throw 2 kessil a150 on there and call it done:) I've got a kessil a350 over my 34g solana and I love it!

Throw 2 kessil a150 on there and call it done:) I've got a kessil a350 over my 34g solana and I love it!

Conveniently I have one too many kessils and would sell him one. ;)

Conveniently I have one too many kessils and would sell him one. ;)

Wish i would have known this about 2 months ago :o

Might not happen to have a a150 laying around do you? ;)

Archived