Top Shelf Aquatics

Blasto's

krackerjacksna

krackerjacksna

I got a 3 head beautiful blasto, had it over 6 months, I feed it once a week, and no new heads, or do they split, I want more of them and I still only have 3.. Please help

Deleted User 4
I got a 3 head beautiful blasto, had it over 6 months, I feed it once a week, and no new heads, or do they split, I want more of them and I still only have 3.. Please help

Add some cheato algae into your tank. This will speed up the growth.

krackerjacksna

Already there, feed mysis once a week, I'll be patient , my Duncan's grow out of control, hope the same on these some day

Already there, feed mysis once a week, I'll be patient , my Duncan's grow out of control, hope the same on these some day

Try feeding once a day.. and get some variety in there.

krackerjacksna

4 t5 bulb, lower part of the aquarium, with medium flow, should I try blood worms, brine shrimp? Coral frenzy, suggestions please

LPS seem to like meatier foods.. cyclopeeze would be a nice supplement, other types of shrimp, go to your LFS and peek around in the frozen section. What they have in stock will always trump what we suggest :)

krackerjacksna
LPS seem to like meatier foods.. cyclopeeze would be a nice supplement, other types of shrimp, go to your LFS and peek around in the frozen section. What they have in stock will always trump what we suggest :)

Thanks, time for a trip

Make sure your alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium levels are high enough, if they're low then it is difficult for the coral to put down new skeleton. If you're feeding regularly (though more often wouldn't hurt) then I'd suspect it's more lighting related, how old are the bulbs?

Wait, what?

To the OP: blasto's grow slowly but increasing your feeding should help. I fed mine Rod's Food several times a week That said, it seemed to depend on the individual - had many under identical care with some growing and some not.

Archived