Top Shelf Aquatics

My very first saltwater: Nuvo 16g

temet vince

damnnn, i love the look of this. already picturing it full of corals/fish/inverts haha. you're a natural at aquascaping. lol. good job.

This thread shows how addicted and psychotic most reefers are. You and myself as well would much rather have a dope a$$ tank vs. furniture in a new apt. Sweet! Welcome!

yes yes yes ^

IMO don't get common fish and corals everyone gets. Since this tank is so modern and cool but also small. Get corals that have amazing color along with fish that are more on the rare side. Same with inverts! Idk thats what I would do! nice tank though!

darkwhitemagic
yes yes yes ^

IMO don't get common fish and corals everyone gets. Since this tank is so modern and cool but also small. Get corals that have amazing color along with fish that are more on the rare side. Same with inverts! Idk thats what I would do! nice tank though!

IMO it doesn't matter to me whether or not I'm buying "mainstream" livestock, because I only know a few other people with knowledge of saltwater tanks IRL, and like two people with tanks running.... I just like to get what looks good to me

but on that note, furniture IS to mainstream

tank looks good

IMO it doesn't matter to me whether or not I'm buying "mainstream" livestock, because I only know a few other people with knowledge of saltwater tanks IRL, and like two people with tanks running.... I just like to get what looks good to me

but on that note, furniture IS to mainstream

tank looks good

no I agree completely I have very common corals and inverts I am just simply saying with such a neat setup go individual with it thats all not a hipster reefer lol

temet vince

Thanks for the compliments everyone! They are greatly appreciated. It's nice to know I didn't sink that much money in vain lol.

And we should totally start a club ;)

Okay, so hitchhikers = almost none or all dead. 1 tube worm, last I knew he was still alive but he hasn't come out today. And 1 little guy that I can't figure out what he is. He's so tiny (a few milimeters) and I don't have a macro lens.

_MG_0615.jpg

Any help?

Really nice scape, looks very natural. It's nice to have great customer service when you buy new products and that's awsome that your LFS would be willing to swap yours out.

oh yes much worse >.< and Hitchhikers can disappear and return randomly. I had brittle stars when I started in june and I didn't see them again till yesterday. I also have an amphipod that's probably about the size of a horse.

temet vince
oh yes much worse >.< and Hitchhikers can disappear and return randomly. I had brittle stars when I started in june and I didn't see them again till yesterday. I also have an amphipod that's probably about the size of a horse.

Yeah, I hear you. All of a sudden I have some weird pink/purple centipede looking thing. Really long and skinny. Where has he been all this time? Lol.

Other than that there is now growth on the live rock. Looks kind of like brown grass, but idk how to describe it.

And this one has me worried: There are 2 growths that look like fuzzy pieces of... well lint? Super tiny cotton balls? They are whitish grey, about a cm span, and really fuzzy. Almost like some kind of mold you would find in the kitchen if you left food out too long. They don't move and are attached to the rock.

Everything is so tiny. I'll try to get pictures.

Deleted User 3
You may be jealous of my awesome furniture, but I am SUPER jealous of that canon rebel t2i!! Your pics look very nice.

And my black bristle star looked bigger than usual in my 12 gallon and it was next to my bed when I had my dorm. I could see it slithering up the glass when I was falling asleep- super creepy! Gave it back to the LFS not 3 days later, haha. Your little green star looks cute, though :)

I have a reddish/black w/ orange bottom bigger brittle and it is indeed creepy watching it go up the glass. My 2nd night with it I was tank spying, and couldn't find it.. I looked up at the top of the tank with the flash light and there it was... mind you I have an open top.. CREEPY but i love the thing, feeding it is awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I need to update. The huge bloom is gone. Whew!

I bought a clean-up crew: 3 hermits, 2 astraea snails, and I think 1 turbo snail. That turbo is awesome! He just cleans, and cleans, and cleans... As you can see, one of the hermits refused to let go of a snail and so he went for a climb!

_MG_0660.jpg

_MG_0669.jpg

_MG_0673.jpg

_MG_0688.jpg

After my tank settled some more, I bought a pink tuxedo urchin. He's my favorite thing in the whole tank. And yup, he already grabbed a hermit and took him for a ride. That hermit was not a happy camper.

_MG_0710.jpg

Let my tank settle some more and then bought a small cleaner shrimp and another hermit. This new hermit is totally different, black and white! I also bought my first sps; however, I completely forgot the name of it. How embarrassing. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of any of these 3 yet.

I have green stuff growing on my rock. Any idea what kind of "plant" it is?

_MG_0674.jpg

Finally, here's the pink and purple thing. I think it's a bristle worm, and there are actually several of them. I haven't seen them since I started doing water changes, so I'm assuming they were coming out because of all the nitrates in the water.

_MG_0692.jpg

_MG_0693.jpg

_MG_0697.jpg

_MG_0705.jpg

Archived