SaltCritters.com

clownfish beginning (10g)

newtonday1

I hate to post this because im sure its already been discussed, but my only real question was what do people think the best type of clownfish for a 10g saltwater (haven't chose type) tank. Also question 2, is what different types of clown work in one?. I have been doing research and everyone seems to have different ideas. Liveaqaria says no species under 20, while some members say 7 is the minimum.

thanks

ocellaris or percula will do fine.. which will give you a long list of bred coloration patterns if you are looking for something a little more exotic.. such as picasso, onyx, snowflake, etc..

ocellaris or percula will do fine.. which will give you a long list of bred coloration patterns if you are looking for something a little more exotic.. such as picasso, onyx, snowflake, etc..

somebody said a pink skunk clown is my best bet, are they wrong?

btw does anyone know if an Anemone can be kept in a 10g tank??

You may be able to keep one alive but most get big the tank in turn becomes a ratio of more anemone less space for other corals.

I have two questions i hope to get answers too,

1) is there something that a clownfish will host too, besides the classic anemone. Will something like frogspan etc... work?

2) could two clowns honestly live their whole lives in a ten gallon, without stress and problems??? (i don't want an ethics debate, just some first hand experiences.)

thanks,

day

Deleted User 3
I have two questions i hope to get answers too,

1) is there something that a clownfish will host too, besides the classic anemone. Will something like frogspan etc... work?

2) could two clowns honestly live their whole lives in a ten gallon, without stress and problems??? (i don't want an ethics debate, just some first hand experiences.)

thanks,

day

They host lots of things. Sometimes nothing. They've hosted pumps, powerheads, zoas, etc.. lol. I would suggest you get a 20, you'll enjoy it more i swear. I had 2 clowns in a 10 (theyre in there now as a QT), and it just wasn't a lot of space!

They host lots of things. Sometimes nothing. They've hosted pumps, powerheads, zoas, etc.. lol. I would suggest you get a 20, you'll enjoy it more i swear. I had 2 clowns in a 10 (theyre in there now as a QT), and it just wasn't a lot of space!

I'm actually firm on ten. thanks for the info though. I would definitely be open to just one clown though, But I'm not sure if he/she would really be super happy...

Deleted User 3
I'm actually firm on ten. thanks for the info though. I would definitely be open to just one clown though, But I'm not sure if he/she would really be super happy...

You can have two, but it's not the BEST situation, i'm sure they can be happy. You could look into getting a clown goby or some smaller fish, or 2 of the smaller fish.

You can have two, but it's not the BEST situation, i'm sure they can be happy. You could look into getting a clown goby or some smaller fish, or 2 of the smaller fish.

I am thinking maybe 1 clown and 1 goby???

do people have any thoughts?

I prefer just two clowns as with one you dont really get the personality u would with two

but could two live there permanently???? btw I'm not getting a bigger tank 10 is max

As stated before clowns will host a variety of things. I have two baby snowflake clowns and one of them has taken to my elegance coral. If you do decide on two try to get them while their small(babies) it may help.Theres a seller on this forum that has the baby snowflake for 150.00 a pair the price includes shipping.That where I got mine.There awesome.

Archived