Top Shelf Aquatics

French version Reef crystals

disaster999

disaster999

ive been using reef crystal for around 3-4 years for all my tanks and never really had a problem with them. my corals looks pretty good and had good growth. the only complaint i have would be it doesnt mix clear. im always left with a cloudy tank after a water change.

i ran out of salt one weekend and went out to buy a new bucket. i saw a bucket of the french version and thought ill give it a try.

reef-crystals-reef-salt-25kg-750l.jpg

the first thing i did was to switch out the bucket. i emptied all the salt into an old reef crystal bucket. the french version doesnt come with a sealed lid so moisture was able to penetrate the bucket and ruin the entire bucket of salt. i had that happen to be once and i threw away the entire NEW bucket.

i mixed my first batch of salt water with the new salt and i have to say im pretty impressed on how fast it dissolved. i emptied enough salt to make 15 gals into a tub and added 5 gals of RODI water, went to get the second bucket of RODI and came back to a clear tub with almost all the salt dissolved in the water. i finished adding the rest of the RODI water and threw in a pump to mix, emptied 15 gals from the tank and added the newly mixed 15gals back in. my water were only slightly cloudy probably due to settlements being kicked up during the water change, and not actually the new water being cloudy.

all in all pretty impressed so far. i havent checked the parameters of the new mixture, ill remember to do that next time i do my change

TeflonTomDosh

Seems the European market has ready access to a lot more cool stuff than we do over here. H20 ocean high mag salt, diff LEDs, xaqua in/out overflows all examples I can think of.

Seems the European market has ready access to a lot more cool stuff than we do over here. H20 ocean high mag salt, diff LEDs, xaqua in/out overflows all examples I can think of.

I'm sure they say that about the cool American stuff they can't get.

Archived