SaltCritters.com

Invaded with tiny white bugs?

Srickss

I woke up this am to my tank being infested with some tiny white bugs that are all over the glass. They are moving around like tiny ants. They are white and have a small tail. My tank is new and just finished cycling. I have live rock in the tank and im sure they came from it but I want to make sure what they are and if they are harmful. I dont know if they would even show up on a pic. Any help would be appreciated.

Deleted User 3
I woke up this am to my tank being infested with some tiny white bugs that are all over the glass. They are moving around like tiny ants. They are white and have a small tail. My tank is new and just finished cycling. I have live rock in the tank and im sure they came from it but I want to make sure what they are and if they are harmful. I dont know if they would even show up on a pic. Any help would be appreciated.

Probably pods! They're usually good. google marine hitchhiker ID and find some sites that have various pods listed, and figure out which ones are yours.

lakshwadeep

+1 (probably copepods from the description). These are just the first in many hitchhikers you will find on your rock, so check the ultimate ID thread first for commonly found hitchhikers.

Archived