inTank Media Baskets

Final Lighiting Advice.......

I have finally narrowed my choice for lighting to these combos. All for a 29 gallon tank.

1: 1X250HQI 14000K DE Pendant w/ no actinic supplementation.

2: 1X150HQI 10000K DE Pendant w 2 55W Actinic PC's

3: 4 25W T5's

Things that are need to affect decision. Would like to keep SPS. Not planning on a chiller so heat will be an issue. I have to 4" fans being installed on either side of the canopy. One blowing in and one blowing out. What do you guys think??

Got pics? Dont want the tank to look too blue...... Its hard to really tell since pictures dont really come out accurate online.

If I was going to go with the 150W. Id probably get the Hamilton reefstar 150W 10000K. and by a separate 2X55 W PC retrofit

theclearblue

Personally I'd go with 250w 20K HQI DE, you'll get a little better light penetration. I wouldn't be too concerned about a 20K being overly blue, I had this impression from pictures, but after running them, I really think that what you see in pictures is extremely exxagerated to what it looks like in real life. Heck, I'm running a 250w XM 20K and it looks completely different in my tank than pictures I see.

If you do go with a 150, I'd use VHO rather than PC to supplement, there's just too many people out there who say after using VHO they will never go back to PC.

I'd scratch the T5's unless you were using them to supplement MH.

Archived