inTank Media Baskets

Keeping equipment tidy

patback

I always thought it was asinine for people to brag about the beauty of their display tank, and when they step back a few feet and post a picture of the room, there is a distracting mess of wires, tubes, empty bottles and buckets strewn about the room.

Does anyone Have an explanation for this or is it just laziness? Atleast push stuff to the side for Pete's sake. Reminds me of the forsale posts on Craigslist for a car when the seller doesn't bother to clean the bird poop that is covering that new paint job they are using as a sale point.

/rant

Deleted User 3
I always thought it was asinine for people to brag about the beauty of their display tank, and when they step back a few feet and post a picture of the room, there is a distracting mess of wires, tubes, empty bottles and buckets strewn about the room.

Does anyone Have an explanation for this or is it just laziness? Atleast push stuff to the side for Pete's sake. Reminds me of the forsale posts on Craigslist for a car when the seller doesn't bother to clean the bird poop that is covering that new paint job they are using as a sale point.

/rant

Maybe they're so wowed by their beautiful tank thats all they have eyes for ;)

I think a lot of it is caused by moving equipment and changing components, at least for people that try to keep their cords and plumbing and everything tidy. I use zip and cable ties like they're going out of style, but I notice that chaos slowly creeps up and I have to cut and re-tie everything after 6 months or so. I do quite a bit of server cabinet wiring, so it's pretty second nature for me at this point, but mine starts getting out of control when I swap and move stuff. Just my observations though.

i use entertainment center cable organizers for all my electronics. entertainment center, office, aquariums. i like to try to have all my equipment hidden away in my aquarium "STUFF" drawer and closet. otherwise my wife will go ape $h!T and i will no longer have my nice things lol

Zip ties are my best friend. Used to work in network cabling so I'm anal about cords looking nice. My setup isn't real intense yet but I'm trying to keep it nice...

For me its space. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment and was lucky enough to have my lady set a corner aside for me to put my ATO, water jugs, and buckets. So if I were to take a picture of my tank you may get a piece of that in it. Funny this thread popped up because that corner is starting to get to me. I need to find a way to cover it so it looks nice and at the same time be easily accessible. My cords are kept nice though, its just the other stuff that goes along with the tank that gets in my way.

Zip ties are lame., Velcro FTW.,., Im a Home theater tech and I wouldnt be able to do my job without it., It holds plenty strong and can be taken apart and reattached instead of cutting off all of your zip ties and start over., I buy "hook and loop" in 1/2"W 75' rolls and spit into 1/4" strips., cut to length and call it a day..

8207006.jpg

Zip ties are lame., Velcro FTW.,., Im a Home theater tech and I wouldnt be able to do my job without it., It holds plenty strong and can be taken apart and reattached instead of cutting off all of your zip ties and start over., I buy "hook and loop" in 1/2"W 75' rolls and spit into 1/4" strips., cut to length and call it a day..

8207006.jpg

thaaaats a nice wiring job....was that all primarily new equipment you installed? Im a server admin for a school district in alaska so i can appreciate the clean racks :)

Thanks.,., Its what I do B) It was brand new a couple years ago when I installed it anyways.,., lol.

The other side a little further down the road.

DSC_0062.jpg

Archived