inTank Media Baskets

what to do after bleaching rock?

Falcon789

I currently bleached all my rock for 2 days (bleach and water). I then put it in vinegar and water to neutralize it for 2 days. Then I put it in regular tap water for 2 days. I then put it out in the sun for a whole day. Today I wanted to put it in RO water for 2 days then into saltwater but I noticed the rock smells like bleach. Should I be worried? How can I make sure all the bleach is gone. I dont want it leaking into the tank.

Lee Van Reef

Soak it in water with a dechlorinator like Prime. Rinse and repeat.

These people up here are a bit misinformed as tons of others have done it with no problems.

In fact i did about a month ago and the bleached rock is currently in my tank with a fish and new corals with no side effects.

Soak it in water with a dechlorinator like Prime. Rinse and repeat.

These people up here are a bit misinformed as tons of others have done it with no problems.

In fact i did about a month ago and the bleached rock is currently in my tank with a fish and new corals with no side effects.

+1 to soaking in water with Prime until the bleach smell goes away. I've done the same thing. Live rock has lots of crevices and is very porous, so it's just a matter of time before all the chlorine combines with other elements and is neutralized.

Archived