Pod Your Reef

New Skimmer Bubbles >_>

Spencer7

Just got my skimmer, it is a classic here on nano reef, the SWC Xtreme 160 Cone :D

Been setup up for an hour, producing nothing but white foam (despit changes in air intake)

Also releasing a butt load of microbubbles

Can i assume this is allpart of the skimmer breaking in? If so how long does it normally last for this model?

disaster999

also have you dosed anything to your tank lately? with the water too dirty or if you dosed your tank, it might affect the skimmers performance.

let it run for 1 day and see if the skimmer is still release a ton of bubbles into the water. if it is, i would do a 20% water change and observe it for a day. repeat until the skimmer starts to skim.

jedimasterben
also have you dosed anything to your tank lately? with the water too dirty or if you dosed your tank, it might affect the skimmers performance.

let it run for 1 day and see if the skimmer is still release a ton of bubbles into the water. if it is, i would do a 20% water change and observe it for a day. repeat until the skimmer starts to skim.

Well, they say that they just got it, so it's well within the break-in period, so it's most likely the cause.

Archived