Pod Your Reef

montipora under 28 gallon quad stock lighting

chills1026

currently im in the process of setting up my 28 gallon cf quad nano-cube tank. right now im waiting for it to cycle. eventually im looking to put montipora in it of the plating variety. i know this question has come up before,but i was wondering if the stock lighting would be enough if placed up high in the tank it consists of 105 watts of pc lighting 2 bulbs 10k and 2 bulbs 7500k actinic. i really like the plating montipora species so i hope it can work otherwse i will have to live vicariously through those who do have them

altolamprologus

That's more than enough light. I keep half a dozen montis under 72 watts of PC light and they grow like weeds

BTW 7500k is not actinic. Perhaps you meant 15000k?

altolamprologus
it could be the description says 7500 but coud be mislabeled

And it's labeled as actinic? Usually actinic is 20k or higher. 7500 is going to look pretty yellow

that's what I thought and it's pretty blue,yet it's labeled as 2 10k and 2 7500 k actinic maybe someone who has the same tank can chime in. I have no doubts you are right but that's how it's labeled. Me thinks jbj may have had a typo error in their description

Assuming you are talking about JBJ nano cube CF version?

Yeah, the specs sound weird: 105 watt 10,000°K/7,100°K compact fluorescent lighting

They do work ok. My tri-color acro, orange montipora digitalis, and plate montipora are all growing.

Archived