Cultivated Reef

Finally, She is up and running

bleu8

Hi All

Thanks for the first hand info always generously supplied on this site!

I have currently just cycled my 18g Via Aqua along with a modified Aquaclear 500 refugium filled primarily with spaghetti caluerpa.

Life is exploding especially the pods from the fuge...I am wowed by the clean up crew alone - can't wait for what is to come.

Any feedback always appreciated!

Thanks Bleu

18 Gallon

Via Aqua 2x36 watt x 2 CF lights

AC 500 'fuge

1 Powersweep

1 Powerhead w/ Modified hidden spray bar

1 Tronic 50 watt heater in fuge

20+lbs of caribsea fiji pink

25lbs of Marshall Island

6 Nass's Turbo snails

1 Fire Shrimp

1 emerald crab

8 hermits

Undertheradar

very nice looking tank. what camera did you use for those great pics? Watch out for those blue leg hermits...they might be small, but they will rob a bigger hermit's shell and leave the victim for dead.

matt the fiddler

well, you knwo how to take great pics, [hard in a reef]you reef is looking good.

you are on the path to send birdman runnign for it in a year or 2- but you take your own pics :-)

keep up posted!

Hi

Thanks for the good words - Will try update the pics when I can land a shot of my fire shrimp (never seen such saturated colors)

I am currently using a Nikon D70 digital Slr with a macro nikkor 60mm lens for those first pics (Great Tool for the job)

What is sig? signature? my Dachshund

Thanks for the encouragement

Cheers Bleu

Can't wait till you get more livestock- your pictures are great and your tank looks promising! keep updating those shots!

Archived