SaltCritters.com

LED fixture

Supersizeme

Supersizeme

Ok so I know this is another LED question but I REALLY need some help and advise from you guys I have a 29g biocube and I currently have a 150w MH light above it and I want to go LED, my budget is around $300 - $350. I was origanally looking at getting the Kessil A350 but after reading several post that corals were being bleached out and killed I am thinking about the A150 15k or if you guys have any other suggestions for my price range please feel free to let me know, here is a link to my tank (if I did it right), nothing has really changed except growth, sorry I don't have a current photo. Thank you for any help that you can give me !

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...231060&st=0

I have the kessil a350 over my 34g solana and I have never had a problem with it bleaching corals. I mean I really don't see how considering you can run it from 5% to 100% and basically any color spectrum you could possibly think of. If you wanna go with the a150 just remember you have no other color spectrum. If I were you I would just get the kessil a350 and start it out at 20% and crank it up 5% each week and if you realize that your corals are not digging the percentage dial it back down until your corals open back up. The light literally weighs no more then a pound, produces no heat and cannot even hear it running. You can either hang it from the ceiling or they have a gooseneck, I went the gooseneck route. I hope this helped!

Ok so I know this is another LED question but I REALLY need some help and advise from you guys I have a 29g biocube and I currently have a 150w MH light above it and I want to go LED, my budget is around $300 - $350. I was origanally looking at getting the Kessil A350 but after reading several post that corals were being bleached out and killed I am thinking about the A150 15k or if you guys have any other suggestions for my price range please feel free to let me know, here is a link to my tank (if I did it right), nothing has really changed except growth, sorry I don't have a current photo. Thank you for any help that you can give me !

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...231060&st=0

Check out Steve's leds he has a nice biocube retrofit

Supersizeme
Check out Steve's leds he has a nice biocube retrofit

Steve's, as in Intank Media baskets Steve?

Nevermind I just found it, thanks

Supersizeme
I have the kessil a350 over my 34g solana and I have never had a problem with it bleaching corals. I mean I really don't see how considering you can run it from 5% to 100% and basically any color spectrum you could possibly think of. If you wanna go with the a150 just remember you have no other color spectrum. If I were you I would just get the kessil a350 and start it out at 20% and crank it up 5% each week and if you realize that your corals are not digging the percentage dial it back down until your corals open back up. The light literally weighs no more then a pound, produces no heat and cannot even hear it running. You can either hang it from the ceiling or they have a gooseneck, I went the gooseneck route. I hope this helped!

Thanks it does help I have been looking at this light for a bit now but due to some major house repairs I had to cut my budget back a bit on the light, I know it would really be only a few dollars more but... it's a few dollars more that's why I was looking at the a150

Archived