Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Review

Ryan260

I ordered a clean up crew for my new 2G pico from reef cleaners.org the package is advertised as follows:

2 Dwarf Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

1 Nassarius - scavengers that will eat leftover food and some fish waste. They will stir sand, but can also be kept in bare bottom tanks.

2 Florida Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on fine hair algae, diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

3 Small to Medium Nerites - We are currently offering the longer lived and quite hardy Antillean Nerite. (Nerita fulgurans). It grows to a nice size,and consumes a good deal of diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. It will also consume some fine hair algae. A nocturnal herbivore that will feed more often at night, they tend to need some time to adjust to the limitations of the aquarium during their first week.

What I received was at least triple the amount of each item other than the dwarf ceriths (I think) of which I received upwards of 100.

All the freebies were awesome! I will definitely order from here again on the next tank I set up. I will say adding option on the freebie level would be useful. I put a good portion into the tank I gave my dad. If I wouldn't have had this other tank I would have possibly had to throw some away.

I'm not sure if this is a limited promotion, but the 1 penny micro algae was great. The piece I got looked healthy and was pretty big. My LFS would have probably put $12 on something like this.

On a side note, the package was in pretty poor condition. The box was quite beat up and the sticker donates it was received damaged apparently. I highly doubt the post office received it in this condition and assume it was mishandled during shipping, but you never know. I manage online sales and shipping and know we would never ship out a box in that condition and I'm pretty sure other businesses wouldn't either.

Thus being said inside all of the livestock was fine and well packaged and dry.

Pics

IMG346.jpg

Box Damage

IMG347.jpg

More box damage and label

IMG348.jpg

So many free snails!

IMG349.jpg

1 cent algae really pops under the blue leds

IMG350.jpg

1 cent algae under just whites

johnmaloney

It is red gracilaria if you are curious. :) Thank you very much for taking the time to post. They see that handle with care sign sometimes and they feel they should nest on it I think.

• 2 weeks later...
eddiecorrea

John wouldn't send out a messed up box. My box I received today looked like a semi hit it. But John has excellent packaging and everything is well.

ha. my reefcleaners box came in the same condition lol. but what does it matter, everything arrived safe and sound, and healthy.

Archived