SaltCritters.com

Tank mounted lights for 30G Rimless

jnelson

So my conduit bending adventure failed miserably and now I am considering new lights for my Deep Blue 30G rimless.

Sucks that I can't mount from my ceiling/wall (drywall and I really don't trust anchors) :(

I'm looking for a light that meets the following:

- 24x24" spread

- Can handle "easy" SPS (shouldn't be a problem on a 12" deep tank)

- Some kind of clamp or tank mounting legs

- Not ridiculously heavy since it will be going on a rimless tank

- Dimmable/controllable is nice but not a necessity

- No PAR bulbs!

- Let's say a $500 budget

Am considering either the Kessil A350W or maybe the Maxspect Razor when that comes out in the next week or so.

Any other recommendations/suggestions would be great.

So my conduit bending adventure failed miserably and now I am considering new lights for my Deep Blue 30G rimless.

Sucks that I can't mount from my ceiling/wall (drywall and I really don't trust anchors) :(

I'm looking for a light that meets the following:

- 24x24" spread

- Can handle "easy" SPS (shouldn't be a problem on a 12" deep tank)

- Some kind of clamp or tank mounting legs

- Not ridiculously heavy since it will be going on a rimless tank

- Dimmable/controllable is nice but not a necessity

- No PAR bulbs!

- Let's say a $500 budget

Am considering either the Kessil A350W or maybe the Maxspect Razor when that comes out in the next week or so.

Any other recommendations/suggestions would be great.

I used 3/4" pvc tubes. Cut 2 pieces the length of the tank add 90deg fittings then make legs as long as

as needed to get the light off the water.Add couplers that have groves cut in them to sit on the glass act as

feet and your done. Easy pizzy japanizzy ;)

Will the PVC be able to hold up the light?

For reference, the light I have now that I would use is about 10-15 pounds.

I understand you concern about hanging the lights but I use two of these and the work great for my led fixture which is about 15 lbs give or take. These anchors go right into the drywall of your ceiling and can hold much more weight than our lights. I think a hung fixture looks great too.

Thats what I'm using now.I have a 10"x18" heat sink and it holds fine.I will post a pic when I get home.

Kessil a350 or a350w! I have a 34g solana and either you can hang the light from the ceiling or you can purchase a gooseneck from kessil, I went the gooseneck route. You can easily change the color spectrum and the light seriously weighs no more then a pound. Hope this helped!

TeflonTomDosh

+1 to the kessil and/or hanging them. Sorry DLing that PVC mount looks like ####. Reminds me of a street hockey goal I DIY'd when I was 12

Yeah dling I'm not personally a fan, but thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll be going with the Kessil route. Another option would be Acan Lighting (awesome looking lights AND they're a local vendor). Thanks for your help guys.

Kessil a350 or a350w! I have a 34g solana and either you can hang the light from the ceiling or you can purchase a gooseneck from kessil, I went the gooseneck route. You can easily change the color spectrum and the light seriously weighs no more then a pound. Hope this helped!

I also have a 34g solana and have an a350W. Great fixture

Archived