inTank Media Baskets

FrankTheTank's 75g new tank build

FrankTheTank07

FrankTheTank07
Hi all,

well i have been a long time nano-reef lurker trying to absorb all of the knowledge and info about all that is reef, fish, coral, and inverts before I started my first go at a saltwater reef tank and I still think I have only scratched the surface but here goes nothing.

So I have been piecing together my tank for a couple months now, and I started with a Marineland 75G reef tank with a corner overflow with a 4x54 watt t5 HO lamp for lighting and 2 Hydor Koralia Evolution 1050gph with wavemaker for water flow. I added a 20L for the sump with a NW-150 reef octopus skimmer and a MAG 7 return and about a 6-7 gallon refugium. In the tank i have about 70 pounds of live sand, 70lbs of dry base rock seeded with 10lbs of live rock and to top it all off I just set up my Reef Keeper Light with ORP, temp, and ph probe.

I am currently about 2 1/2 weeks into my cycle and everything is progressing nicely. Im gonna try and get some pictures up right now of my entire set up because i would really love to get suggestions, comments, and advice from people who have done this before and can maybe help me avoide some of the common pitfallsof this hobby/obsession

This is just the rock work that i have done so far

047.jpg

My electrical cabinet

055-1.jpg

My skimmer and return

056.jpg

My skimpy fuge and RKL probes

057.jpg

My DIY netting covers

050.jpg

The RKL (with child proof cover!)

059-1.jpg

Full system shot

060.jpg

Just a pic of some of the GREAT live rock from the local LFS

044.jpg

FrankTheTank07

Yeah my two year old cracked 3 of the latches on my electrical cabinet so I finally just had to use a padlock!

FrankTheTank07

An unexpected up date, I was adjusting some of my rock work when a quarter inch bright green mantis shrimp fell right out of the live rock. Luckily I was able to corner him and snatch him up and into my pest refugium he went! I have no idea what kind of mantis he is but he is bright green and what looks like a club not a spear, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!

Archived