SaltCritters.com

my nano supplements

james1990

Picked up some stuff via advice of LFS. Please tell me what you think of the products and how I am using them. Hopefully others that read this thread can get some useful insight as well.

(I have a 9gal cube with 10gal sump/fuge)

ROD'S food- apparently the best frozen food? hard to feed in a nano though as the size of the different foods are large.

Oyster Feast- for my corals. in my tank i have mostly softies and i spot feed 2 drops a day. too much?

Kent Garlic Xtreme- add 2 drops in food a day

Brightwell Aquatics Vitamarin-C : 2 drops in food a day.

Vita chem- 2 drops in food a day.

Kick-Ich- dosed per bottle

Picked up some stuff via advice of LFS. Please tell me what you think of the products and how I am using them. Hopefully others that read this thread can get some useful insight as well.

DO you have ich?

Yes, i believe i do. I brought a helfrichi goby in about 2 weeks ago and he had it. it seems to go away and come back daily. I dont think this stuff kick ich is working

Amphiprion1

(I have a 9gal cube with 10gal sump/fuge)

ROD'S food- apparently the best frozen food? hard to feed in a nano though as the size of the different foods are large.

Oyster Feast- for my corals. in my tank i have mostly softies and i spot feed 2 drops a day. too much?

There is no best frozen food, honestly. The best is variety and enough of it. Rod's is nice and has a broad particle range, but is expensive for what it is.

Oysterfeast is okay, but stony corals with smaller mouths would be the primary target. While many softies can and do capture prey, they don't seem to rely on it as much (with exceptions) or their prey items are much smaller.

Garlic is up to the individual. I've never found a good reason to use it, nor have I found it effective or necessarily beneficial.

Vitamin C and Vitachem--okay to use if you like and can be potentially beneficial in the absence of variety or if you are concerned about nutrition. Not a problem to use regularly, but I've never bothered personally.

I think the previous link clarifies the use of the kick-ich.

There is no best frozen food, honestly. The best is variety and enough of it. Rod's is nice and has a broad particle range, but is expensive for what it is.

Oysterfeast is okay, but stony corals with smaller mouths would be the primary target. While many softies can and do capture prey, they don't seem to rely on it as much (with exceptions) or their prey items are much smaller.

Garlic is up to the individual. I've never found a good reason to use it, nor have I found it effective or necessarily beneficial.

Vitamin C and Vitachem--okay to use if you like and can be potentially beneficial in the absence of variety or if you are concerned about nutrition. Not a problem to use regularly, but I've never bothered personally.

I think the previous link clarifies the use of the kick-ich.

While garlic can (supposedly) raise the fishes immune system, and increase appetite (not the case for my fish), it has been said that extended/continued use of garlic enriched foods may cause liver damage/failure in marine fish.

Awesome link! thanks for sharing! I have been reading it for like 30 minutes now..

Sure thing :) I keep it handy (first google result for "marine ich") and try to link to it as much as possible.. too many people spreading misinformation causing fish to be lost.

Unfortunately, I don't have much else to contribute to this thread other than OPs LFS must love him.. or his wallet.

I've recently tried this stuff on the suggestions of others, seems to work quite well for my stony corals, or at least they suddenly release feeder tenticals and start trying to feed.

Snake oil IMHO.

Archived