Cultivated Reef

DIY Shallow 3.75G Pico Reef Build

Captivating_Reef

Captivating_Reef

Hey Everyone,

I got my glass today for a 3.75G Pico I'm gonna build. The dimensions are 12''x12''x6''. I put it together for a dry run with no silicone for now and took some pics. Tomorrow I am putting it together and will post some pics of those when I am done. Check it out!

post-46907-1342237469_thumb.jpg

post-46907-1342237561_thumb.jpg

Captivating_Reef

Thanks guys! I hope it works out good when I put it together. To be honest, I am very disappointed with the glass I got. I paid for polishing and they rounded the edges somewhat. I wanted the edges to turn out like a Solana with a flat but polished edge. I am building a "jig" at work today to help put it together. I'll post the pics after it's assembled. I have a Korallia Nano 240 that I'm using in the tank with no filter. I plan on having a good clean up crew and doing daily water changes. The light is going to be a Ledtric Par 38 truepop that I have to order still. I plan on doing a build thread once it's fully cured and I can transfer my stuff from my other little 5 gallon I have.

Captivating_Reef

So it is now together! It went a lot better than I thought considering the problems with the glass. I asked for polished and the edges were all rounded plus when I did a dry run with the jig I noticed the glass is not perfectly straight or square! First and last time I get glass from there. Anyway, once this dries I will clean it up with a razor then re-silicone the inside to get a perfect seam. If the glass would have had a nice flat edge and was square this would have went perfect! Oh well, part of this build is for the experiment with my Jig and tools used in order for my bigger build that will come much later. Heres some pics of how it is after the first silicone assembly.

post-46907-1342298994_thumb.jpg

post-46907-1342299021_thumb.jpg

post-46907-1342299059_thumb.jpg

Captivating_Reef

Leak test is done and successful! Heres some pics of it and I will be posting the build in the pico forums.

post-46907-1342489302_thumb.jpg

post-46907-1342489323_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived