Top Shelf Aquatics

Help, Mag 3 Pump Not Pumping

pschom

Started yesterday. Came home and the pump wasn't moving much water back into the display. Unplugged it and took it out of the sump. Gave it a quick plug in out of the water and put it back in the sump. Also checked plumbing for any obstacles. Pump ran fine after that for several hours. This morning it's maybe 30% of what it should be.

Any ideas?

Take the magnet out and give it a good cleaning. I use them for my pond and sometimes plant life makes it through the little screen and wraps around the magnet. I suppose chaeto could do that.

I'll do that after work. Don't really see why it would run for some hours then run slow.

It's possible that when you basically dunked it, the chaeto or whatever in there moved and allowed it to regain its power, then slowly wrapped back around. It's a long shot, but possible.

Btw, who is that guy in your avatar? I know I've seen him before but don't know from where.

That's me. Perhaps you have seen my films? Deuce Bigalow, and others. I have been into saltwater tanks since that movie.

That's me. Perhaps you have seen my films? Deuce Bigalow, and others. I have been into saltwater tanks since that movie.

:D.

Archived