Cultivated Reef

E.T.S.S skimmer ID

JamesHL88

I traded with a local reef club member for this. My friend picked it up for me and i wont see him for a week or so. But he sent me this picture. I wanted to know more about it. And if that is the right pump to run it that is attatched to that hose. Does this thing require mini bio balls?

469475_4211879823585_1449552138_o.jpg

Amphiprion1
Bump.

Yes, it's a Reef Devil Deluxe.

Edit: pump looks like a mag 9.5. Should be just right. The bioballs should already be in the downdraft tower.

Edit 2: looks like the gate valve isn't there. Not really a problem, since it's replaceable, but it normally comes with one.

I got it for $25 so im not complaining lol

Thanks for the pump id i was having trouble with that. If the skimmer doesnt fit under my stand then that will be my return pump.

two more questions:

Could i just glue a pvc ball valve on the output to adjust the water level?

Will this operate in the sump or does it have to be outside of it?

Amphiprion1
I got it for $25 so im not complaining lol

Thanks for the pump id i was having trouble with that. If the skimmer doesnt fit under my stand then that will be my return pump.

two more questions:

Could i just glue a pvc ball valve on the output to adjust the water level?

Will this operate in the sump or does it have to be outside of it?

Ball valve wouldn't be worth it--it doesn't have enough fine control. You'll need a gate valve. Yes, if the pump is submersible (mag 9.5 is), you can have it in a sump. You could also operate the skimmer itself outside of the sump, if desired, as long as the effluent can freely fall into the sump (don't let it work against gravity). You wouldn't have to glue anything if it is in the sump, at least.

Archived