Coral Vue Hydros

Bristleworm ID, friend or foe?

uaiu

I know, I know yet another noob asking about bristleworms, but please take a look and give me an opinion on friend or foe. I'm guessing these are the safe ones but I'D rather be sure. Thanks!

WP_000104.jpg

Nano sapiens
I know, I know yet another noob asking about bristleworms, but please take a look and give me an opinion on friend or foe. I'm guessing these are the safe ones but I'D rather be sure. Thanks!

WP_000104.jpg

Not to worry, they are the safe ones.

WP_000104.jpg

None are safe! :unsure:

I have plenty like that. some say slay them all, some say they are beneficial. IME they have never harmed a thing, they seem to be simple scavengers that help with cleanup.. they will multiply to pretty big numbers, then thin out and find equilibrium... you will see a lot of them at night. harmless IMO..

thanks everyone, I wasn't worried about them in general just the nasty ones like fireworms. I'll keep the 3 ones i found because I enjoyed watching the ones in my friends tank hunt flake foods.

Try to get a look at the mouth.

The ones that aren't a big concern have mouths like your algae eating snails when they're eating: the grazing "kissy mouth" (if you've watched your algae grazers on the glass, you know what I'm referencing).

The worms you need to promptly eradicate from your tank have a much more aggressive looking mouth.

In looking at what you've got, I'm guessing that they're grazers.

I have plenty like that. some say slay them all, some say they are beneficial. IME they have never harmed a thing, they seem to be simple scavengers that help with cleanup.. they will multiply to pretty big numbers, then thin out and find equilibrium... you will see a lot of them at night. harmless IMO..

+1 I've never had a bad experience with bristle worms.

Archived