inTank Media Baskets

Quarantine Tank for a healthy tank

Snapper

As we all know, a healthy fish from a LFS is the most important thing for our established Display Tanks.

So to give myself and many other posters and lurkers an idea of taking a possible Quarantine route as a method to keep their Display Tanks healthy I decided to make a thread that would contain the following from other fellow reefers in their posts.

1) Do you use a Quarantine Tank? (Yes/No)

2) Where do you keep your Quarantine Tank?

3) What equipment do you use to run your Quarantine Tank? (ex. PVC pipes, HOB filter, heater etc)

4) Do you keep it in the same stand as your Sump? (Yes/No)

5) Do you have it running 24/7 365? If not, how often?

Deleted User 3

1) No real QT, but i have a QT rubbermaid tote right now for the ICH-y fish.

2)right next to the other tank... otherwise i take it down and keep for later..

3) HOB filter, my tanks heater (my tank stays at constant temps w/out one right now), something for fish to hide behind/in.

4)I would if I had a sump, which is where i'll put my QT when i get a nice new setup in the future

5) no, i originally didn't have a QT... fish got ich, i had to make one.. have one running 24/7 would be easier for bioload issues (IE ammonia not converting... I have that prob right now). but if you want to hyposalinity you can't keep rock or sand in there anyway, so may as well take -er down!

Rollermonkey
1) Do you use a Quarantine Tank? Yes

2) Where do you keep your Quarantine Tank? Bedroom

3) What equipment do you use to run your Quarantine Tank? AC20 HOB, 50w Eheim Jager heater

4) Do you keep it in the same stand as your Sump? No (I don't have a sump)

5) Do you have it running 24/7 365? No, set up and break down as necessary.

Archived