Cultivated Reef

* dekand's 65g rimless w/20L display fuge *

dekand

Annnnnd 2 hours later after a full dissasembly and washdown, wipedown, toothbrush scrubdown of every part ...

8410178650_289043d35f_c.jpg

Next up is the sump...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milky perfection. Skimmed this in about 10 minutes ... good stuff, lesson here kids, deep clean your skimmer every 4-6 months, or as you see necessary based on build up.

8410660640_b583e35dd1_c.jpg

I also did a deep clean of all the gunk in my sump before putting the skimmer back in. I picked up a wet/dry vac from Home Depot called the "Bucket Head" it's only $22 and hooks up to the top of one of their 5 gallon buckets. It worked fantastically for sucking up all the gunk on the bottom of my sump, best $22 i've spent in a while.

Before

8409570537_02ef969e62_c.jpg

1b9cf89c-8bb8-4037-81ab-0711de0f0aa0_400

After

8409569725_2867b881af_c.jpg

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

haha ... well i wish there was a crew instead of just me, but it's not that bad only a couple times a year to do

Lol, I was referring the new toys you got as a cleaning crew :)

But definitely, sump has improved in the neat condition.

thanks guys -- i'll try to get some more interesting updates here soon, I've recently started dosing Red Sea Reef Energy A/B so i'll report on what I see from that after a bit.

Well the warm weather must have something in the air because I managed to get my filter sock collection cleaned today after many months of not running any socks.

I flip my filter socks inside out, I use a long wooden rod that I can jam the sock down onto and invert it, this is the easiest method i've found, and do it when they are wet, dry ones are a PITA.

I then take a trip to my local car wash with hand pressure washers since I don't have my own, works like a charm.

I didn't get a before, but these were basically a nice solid shade of brown before wash :) Air dry them in outside in the sun, and they are good to go.

8412763670_648bd86324_c.jpg

Figured I should throw up a livestock pic with all these equipment pics :P this is one of my favorite zoa's in my tank, patiently waiting for it to grow out, love the yellow/green in them.

8411696543_b7195cc32b_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

FTS as of 2/2/13

Frag rack up in the corner is full of the pieces of an acro colony I have that for whatever reason (only sps in my tank to exhibit this) was continually dying from the base, so eventually rather than lose it I just chopped off and fragged all the remaining live tips.

8439652131_e7f0314b1a_c.jpg

Tank looks awesome and great job inverting the socks and cleaning them lol. I really hate trying to invert those socks.

thanks, yeah they are a major pain --- but inverting them wet and with a rod makes it's a lot better...

... that's what she said.

• 2 years later...

Archived