100gph stock pump

Lighting

jbj unibody with 3w cree leds; red, green, turquoise, 4cw. 6rb

Lunar Pods

Occ Clown

Yellow Watchman Gobie

Inverts

Crocea Clam 3"

Two medium Turbo snails - they know stuff around, but do a great job on the glass. I cant stand Hermits. I have had zero(knock on wood) problems with pest algae.

Feather Duster

Soft Coral

Yuma

Ricordia

Palys- Purple Death, Nuclear Death, Blue Smurfs, Marachino Cherry, Pink Aurora, Purple Rhino, Red Batiks, Organizm, Fire Ice, PE, Grandis, jokers, laffy taffy, la lakers, darth maul, gin and tonic, geothermal, pink rhino, stargazers and a few unknown.

Zoas- Keds Reds, micro zoas and a large colony of green zoas

Plulsing xenia

LPS

Dunkin

Aussie Dunkin

Blasto Merletti

Bi-color Frog Spawn

Acan

SPS

Ora green birdsnest

Ora purple birdsnest

Orange Monti Digi

Rainbow birdsnest

Macro Algae

Blue Octodes

Dragons Breath

Red Grape

I'm pretty sure i got everything here. I listed a few things i recently aquired but didnt get into the video. Ill definitely be posting more pics.

• 2 weeks later...
m.miller5589

I never really created an intro to my little video here. This is my Innovative Marine Nuvo 8 nano tank. It is currently in the transition from softie and lps tank to sps dominated with some palys only. I just recently added an mp10. Its a bit of overkill ran at only 20%, but will be the most versatile piece of equipment considering the size tank and room inside. With my Reef Keeper Lite i can control my temp really well. It hasn't rocked past 80 like it used to all the time. I have an SL1, but its currently just controlling my ATO. After years of running a tank without the rkl idk if I definitely appreciate its flexibility and reliability. The Occ Clown in the video is my original fish from my second tank over 2 years ago. He survived many tank transfers, parameter swings, nasty dominant female Occ clown, and me. I love his little dance when I stick my hand in the tank. I recently added lunar pods to the jbj unibody for night viewing. Its my favorite time to watch the tank; my eyes don't struggle with the bright lighting. With the ALC my day and moonlights all dim up and down. I really hope you guys enjoyed viewing it as much as i have. Please leave comments. Im sure i haven't covered everything here.

• 1 month later...
Still have the stock light laying around? I'd be willing to buy it off ya.

I do have the stock lighting. the six leds on their board with the origional power source. Prolly make a nice fuge light.

I havnt updated here in a while. I troll the fs section often. The tank is doing really well still. I have aquired allot of coral and have no room for anymore. Still have the original Occ clown and a YWG. I have updated the stock list above and will get you guys another picture. I have added darth mauls, gin and tonic paly, aussie dunkin, more yumas, Rhodactis (jackel and solid blue), and some other misc.

After removing the g3 about two months ago i started feeding Azox. Bad timing guess; my softies went nuts. My sps have lost a bit of color. Particularly the ORA GBN. I have since been doing water changes every week and an occasional one in between. Its really easy to do with my float switch on my rkl. I just drain half gallon and move my tube from RO over to the fresh saltwater. It fills in about 10 minutes safeguard by the fload switch. I repeat the procedure maybe 4 times. Sometimes i shut off pump and drain the entire back section. The Macro algae has fully covered the filter inlets. All blue octodes and red grape. Im sure thats why my nitrates are always zero. Although it looks really cool the octodes have really taken hold in some undesired places.

My stocking will downsize shortly as i am building another tank. It is a drilled(bottom) 29g BC. It will have a sump eventually and the lighting plans are two par 38; one full spectrum and the other 20k.

This is awesome, I just got a nuvo 8 and I'm going to use your tank as inspiration!

How do you like the JBJ light, and what settings do you have your mp10 set at? Someone told me that it would be too much for for the 8gal, but it seems to be fine in yours.

I love it! I am just about to purchase a Nuvo 8 and will be using yours as inspiration as well!

Is the stock pump enough flow (without the Mp10)? Will IM's SpinStream work well with the stock pump? Also, what is your overall opinion of the stock lighting?

I'm just getting back into the hobby and want to make all the right purchases up front. Looking back would you have done it differently?

I love it! I am just about to purchase a Nuvo 8 and will be using yours as inspiration as well!

Is the stock pump enough flow (without the Mp10)? Will IM's SpinStream work well with the stock pump? Also, what is your overall opinion of the stock lighting?

I'm just getting back into the hobby and want to make all the right purchases up front. Looking back would you have done it differently?

I'm just setting up a Nuvo 8 but unfortunately, the spin stream would not spin on mine using the stock pump. It reduces flow about 25% and even set at highest flow it will barely spin, if at all. Hope you have better luck!

I'm just setting up a Nuvo 8 but unfortunately, the spin stream would not spin on mine using the stock pump. It reduces flow about 25% and even set at highest flow it will barely spin, if at all. Hope you have better luck!

Mine worked on the stock pump, maybe its your spin stream that is broken?

Also, I changed the pump to a Marineland Mini-Jet 606. Fits fine in the back chamber, is quiet, and has a max flow of 160gph, the stock pump only goes up to 96 gph!

• 1 month later...
Mine worked on the stock pump, maybe its your spin stream that is broken?

Also, I changed the pump to a Marineland Mini-Jet 606. Fits fine in the back chamber, is quiet, and has a max flow of 160gph, the stock pump only goes up to 96 gph!

Im sorry I let this thread go so long without update. This tank has been upgraded to a rimless biocube. I needed more space. Ive kinda done allot of tanks up to now and I have figured what I want and how to do it long-term. I miss my nuvo very much. Ill start a biocube thread soon.

Archived