Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zoa ID please

asus

Asus, you might want to give a written color description along with your photo. As the theory goes, not all monitors display the same color. Have you looked on CoralPedia.com so see if you can find a match? From what I can see, the center looks like it might be a pink, peach or salmon color, and the skirt looks aqua bluish, with a aqua bluish rim around the center. Very pretty.

The centers are pink look peach under all blue led and then the light blue around the mouth with kinda purple blue skirts. I looked on that site and did not see any that I thought they were, but that does not mean that they are not on there. My wife says I am color blind lol.

I went back through the CoralPedia site and couldn't find anything like it as well. I googled 'zoanthids with pink center and blue skirt'. I got a link to a post here on Nano-Reef, but nobody replied to the poster. They sure are some sweet zoas! I hope you find a name for them.

I went back through the CoralPedia site and couldn't find anything like it as well. I googled 'zoanthids with pink center and blue skirt'. I got a link to a post here on Nano-Reef, but nobody replied to the poster. They sure are some sweet zoas! I hope you find a name for them.

i looked on there also and did not find any that resembled them.

Are you looking for a species name? Or looking for a colloquial name? I have no idea about what species of Zoathus this might be. As for colloquial, I'm not sure if you have noticed but the naming of zoa's is the wildwest. If you can't find a distributor the naming rights are yours. Even if there is a seller, you still can name'em whatever you want. And as you'll realize the naming makes/changes the price of the zoas. So whatever you pick/fnd make it the pricy/catchy one.

You can look through all of the posts on Reef2Reef zoanthid ID database. Perhaps someone has posted something similar.

I posted a pick on reef2reef's zoa id forum, and had no luck there either.

Archived