SaltCritters.com

Ordering Live Rock?

troy989

Hello. I am considering ordering live rock. Has anyone ever done this? It is about half the price at my local fish store and they have aptasias... If so please tell my why you liked it or what problems you've had.

CrownOfficial

Check out Premium Aquatics for their selection of LR. Always have great service when I order from them. My closest LFS that I would ever buy from is about 4 hours away, so ordering is always easier, even though its a little more pricey. But shop around. And of course theres always the alternative of starting with dry rock and seeding it during the cycle.

I think over half of nano reef has ordered live rock online. Premium aquatics has some of the best IMO and decent prices. Plus they are having a 10% off sale for july 4th.

I read that I have to cure the lr... what does that mean? I am starting out a new tank so could I just put it in there and let it cycle?

bluebastion
I read that I have to cure the lr... what does that mean? I am starting out a new tank so could I just put it in there and let it cycle?

Cure = cycle. I always recommend letting the live rock sit in your circulating tank for minimum of 4 weeks and test.. if everything's ok (you get your ammonia spike and diatom bloom etc) then add some livestock.

+1 on Premium Aquatics Live Rock. Not sure if you've explored dry rock (which is an even cheaper route), but if you do, I'd recommend marco rocks.

Just my .02

Stupid newbian question in 3, 2 1...

How do you folks get such awesome rock structures? Scour the world for the perfect frmation or can you just glue chunks together?

Archived