Pod Your Reef

Chemipure question

bucfan

I currently have a 100g with a 35g sump/fuge. The sump has a mid chamber that's split and a fuge is in the front. I have a skimmer that is in the mid chamber of the sump. So water flows down into the sump socks, then splits into the skimmer part in the mid chamber back and fuge in mid chamber front. I run a carbon reactor too by the skimmer. I have recently noted a slight bump in phosphates 0.25 or so. I was thinking of running Chemipure by placing it in the filter sock. Will that help with the phosphates? Also will that cause any nutrients that might be beneficial to the fuge to be removed?

godfathernikki
I currently have a 100g with a 35g sump/fuge. The sump has a mid chamber that's split and a fuge is in the front. I have a skimmer that is in the mid chamber of the sump. So water flows down into the sump socks, then splits into the skimmer part in the mid chamber back and fuge in mid chamber front. I run a carbon reactor too by the skimmer. I have recently noted a slight bump in phosphates 0.25 or so. I was thinking of running Chemipure by placing it in the filter sock. Will that help with the phosphates? Also will that cause any nutrients that might be beneficial to the fuge to be removed?

Chemipure Elite has the phosphate remover. As far as I know it doesn't pull anything benificial that carbon wouldn't. And on that note since you have a carbon reactor already, you could save some cash buy getting just gfo to remove the phosphtes.

I would run phosguard in a big media bag to help remove the phosphates and step up my water changes. .25 is alot of phosphates. What are you feeding frozen foods? How often are you feeding?

I would run phosguard in a big media bag to help remove the phosphates and step up my water changes. .25 is alot of phosphates. What are you feeding frozen foods? How often are you feeding?

+1

Feed twice daily. Dry in am and frozen in pm.

Archived