Pod Your Reef

Power Head Poll

Snapper

Power Heads  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Power Head do you recommend?

• Tunze 6025
    • Koralia Evolution 750
    • JBJ Ocean Stream 500gph
    • Maxi-Jet 600
    • Other

So I have a 40Breeder I am in the process of making that will have a 20Gal/Long Sump.

I cant' decide which powerhead to go with so from your personal experiences, which do you suggest and have liked the most?

PS: No Vortech or anything, can't afford to pay $150+ for a PH at the moment.

PSS: If you choose other, please state which you recommend.

Most likely corals will be Softies, LFS, zoa's/zoos, SPS/Monti etc

What are peoples thoughts on the Ocean Stream?

a few others were chosen, can you guys chime in on why and which one you recommend instead.

thanks for the votes!

You think 2 550's would be sufficient for an SPS tank?

Grumblecakes

i like the aqueon circulation pumps, fairly small compared to others and extremely quite. the smallest one has a terrible bracket tho

nyknicks4412

pick up a used mp10 and crank it up...add in the flow from your return and you should be good to go. used mp10 can be had for around 150. just hunt out a good deal.

i like the aqueon circulation pumps, fairly small compared to others and extremely quite. the smallest one has a terrible bracket tho

+1 this

I love my aqueons. I have four. The 500 gph do have a weak mounting bracket though. The 900 gph is awsome. They are the best economical choice IMO.

I am a huge fan of the MP10 as well.

I've been using Vortech pumps for a long while now and to this day I can't find another pump that can do what they do for me. The footprint in the aquarium is amazing too - and no cords to stare at either.

Of the powerheads you've listed, I'd go with two of the Tunze 6025s. Had I not gone the controllable route, that's what I would have chosen for my 40B.

He said he did not want an mp10 dudes! You guys never give up on that crap. Get some tunzes and enjoy real customer service from Roger!

I like the Koralia's but I would get 2 smaller Koralia's (maybe 2 550s?) and put them on opposite ends of the tank. I chose other because I just love my MP10 but the Koralia's will work just fine.

Archived