• GSP on back wall (maybe)
  • Small shrimp? Not sure yet.

OR

• Maxi Mini Anemone
  • Ricordea/Yuma
  • 3x Sexies
  • GSP on back wall
  • Porcelain crab

I would love suggestions, seeing as this is my first pico.

Im looking at one larger centerpiece soft coral (maybe a torch) or something that can go right on top of that pedestal ive made.

001-3.jpg

GunNut1911

Anyone have any stocking ideas?

I really cant think of one thing that would be awesome to have as a center piece...

maxi-mini anemone? those are sick. add a sexy anemone shrimp and they will pair up.

+1 I plan on doing some mini maxi's, sexy shrimp, and a anomone crab. I love the symbiotic relationships that the ocean has formed :) Not to mention that some of the mini maxi's have insain colors to them.

GunNut1911
maxi-mini anemone? those are sick. add a sexy anemone shrimp and they will pair up.
+1 I plan on doing some mini maxi's, sexy shrimp, and a anomone crab. I love the symbiotic relationships that the ocean has formed :) Not to mention that some of the mini maxi's have insain colors to them.

I really love this idea actually. I was looking at making this a sexy shrimp tank at first anyways, but since they have the habit of eating zoa, i wasnt all that stoked to do it.

My only issue is, wont Maxi Minis get too big for this tank? If not... just one, or would you go for 2 maxi minis?

I am now heavily leaning toward this, and ill just leave my clown goby in my 29 gallon because i love that little dude, and wouldnt want him eaten! haha

or maybe a clam? could your light keep it?

I dont think id have enough light to try. Im running only 4 watts of leds. It might be able to support a clam, although i dont think a clam would be a great choice. Cool idea though!

EDIT: What about a Flame scallop! Your idea for a clam really got me thinking now.

nice! good luck on this. eagerly awaiting on what you decide to stock!

Thank you very much! This is a little side project from my "large" tank, and im really loving how this is turning out. I learned alot from the last tank i did, so this one gets to reap the benefits. haha

GunNut1911
you gonna get a fish?

I was debating on moving my green clown goby over into this tank, although if i get a maxi mini, there is no way in hell i would do that.

I was debating on moving my green clown goby over into this tank, although if i get a maxi mini, there is no way in hell i would do that.

haha true. maxi minis are very pretty too tho.

GunNut1911
haha true. maxi minis are very pretty too tho.

Could not agree more. Which is why i wouldnt mind just keeping my GCG in my larger tank, while adding a really amazing MM nem to this one. Its now kind of stuck in my head.

Could not agree more. Which is why i wouldnt mind just keeping my GCG in my larger tank, while adding a really amazing MM nem to this one. Its now kind of stuck in my head.

definitely get a "showstopper quality" one tho if it's gonna be your centerpiece lol.

i've seen a couple good ones lately floating around in the classifieds.

GunNut1911
definitely get a "showstopper quality" one tho if it's gonna be your centerpiece lol.

i've seen a couple good ones lately floating around in the classifieds.

Without a doubt. If i could find one like this id be all over it.

gosh that one was sweeet! my other fav thing about maxis are the little nubs lol.

GunNut1911
gosh that one was sweeet! my other fav thing about maxis are the little nubs lol.

haha totally. They are amazing looking. I really am leaning hard toward that now.

Might change it up to...

• Maxi Mini Anemone
  • 3 Sexy Shrimp
  • Porcelain crab
  • Ricordea?

I think that would be one hell of a tank.

haha totally. They are amazing looking. I really am leaning hard toward that now.

Might change it up to...

• Maxi Mini Anemone
  • 3 Sexy Shrimp
  • Porcelain crab
  • Ricordea?

I think that would be one hell of a tank.

Yeah looks fine. I like the way ricordea looks, my only problem is they don't seem to grow fast at all in my tank.

:lol: I'm pretty sure that one dosn't look like that, I call photoshope :)

You could definatle go with several nems in a three gallon. I'm doing two or three in a one gallon.

GunNut1911
:lol: I'm pretty sure that one dosn't look like that, I call photoshope :)

You could definatle go with several nems in a three gallon. I'm doing two or three in a one gallon.

Im sure the colors were "enhanced" haha

its a 2 gallon display, but its also a tall display.

I might just get one really nice one.

Islandoftiki

If you want some ideas for this tank, check out my thread/pics/videos.

Current stock/configuration:

Pre-pest tank:

Pulsing xenia does well in these tanks, even with the stock pump. It's most certainly the one thing everybody likes the most when I show it off.

soo my sixline was eaten by my maxi mini. just thought id put that out there since your wanting to get one. maybe dont put a fish in there. i guess sixline got a little too comfy around it. lol

GunNut1911

Pre-pest tank:

Pulsing xenia does well in these tanks, even with the stock pump. It's most certainly the one thing everybody likes the most when I show it off.

Yeah, ive actually been watching your progress on this tank throughout. I have been very very impressed. Not sure if ill go with xenia, i am one of those "special" people who cant keep it alive... i think im broken. haha

soo my sixline was eaten by my maxi mini. just thought id put that out there since your wanting to get one. maybe dont put a fish in there. i guess sixline got a little too comfy around it. lol

Ive known this, if you read a few posts after i say i would just keep it a invert tank if a mini maxi was introduced to the tank. Ive had friends loose expensive fish to them :/ I just wont take that chance. lol

Islandoftiki

I like the idea of sexy shrimp.

What about a small goby with a pistol shrimp? In my 10 gallon, they don't ever leave the entrance to their hole, so it's not like they need room to swim around. They are super active and fun to watch.

You could also probably get away with a single cleaner shrimp.

If you want something to add height, how about a hammer coral or frogspawn? Duncans would be really nice, too. I think either is adaptable to lower flow.

Of course, some nice kenya tree would probably be easy. There are some with nice colors.

GunNut1911
I like the idea of sexy shrimp.

What about a small goby with a pistol shrimp? In my 10 gallon, they don't ever leave the entrance to their hole, so it's not like they need room to swim around. They are super active and fun to watch.

You could also probably get away with a single cleaner shrimp.

If you want something to add height, how about a hammer coral or frogspawn? Duncans would be really nice, too. I think either is adaptable to lower flow.

Of course, some nice kenya tree would probably be easy. There are some with nice colors.

I was thinking about maybe a torch near the top, it would have decent movement, and great light. I think it would do ok in there. Im just worried sexys will nibble on my LPS :/

aquemeni5110

Pre-pest tank:

Nice vid. Awesome tank! I really like the various algaes.

GunNut - Nice tank! Like how the Maxi's look and Sexy Shrimp. I have a spec too. Here's my thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/lofiversio...hp/t297640.html

Archived