inTank Media Baskets

New Frag Tank Lighting

JoshuA c

If you are building a dedicated tank to grow frags, I'd look for better lighting.

+1

Iedtric is having their July 4th sale..

jedimasterben

That LED is not even royal blue, that would be considered cool blue at 460-470nm.

Plus, I wouldn't use only blue over any tank. Use a quality LED and driver using neutral white and true royal blue (anything 440nm to 455nm or so).

what if i just wanted to support zoanthids and lps in my 29g with a depth of 18 inches? i was thinking a 1:1 ratio of these to cool whites?

what if i just wanted to support zoanthids and lps in my 29g with a depth of 18 inches? i was thinking a 1:1 ratio of these to cool whites?

You are going to buy these lights no matter what anyone tells you.

jedimasterben
You are going to buy these lights no matter what anyone tells you.

+1

i was going to try these instead

That's not really any better. You'd be much better off buying Cree or Luxeon LEDs, these LEDs from ebay put out less light and use more power.

randythefishdude

i think some one here had thoses kind of leds mabe 20w ...but i would get a more reliable bulb from a trusted company insead of china ebay leds

what i want to do is just put in new lighting for one of my tanks. it is using pc's right now that need to b replaced (10 months). i want to change to leds for the same price (around $60). then i am going to use the money i savedd to upgrade the lighting on my fragtank which i will use CREEs for. for the display tank, a 29 gallon biocube, i want to use the chips cuz they r cheaper. how many of the blues and white do u think i need to keep low light zoas and lps. i was thinking 50 watts: 30 watt blue and 20 watt cool white. for the frag tank, how many crees (royal blue: cool white) do i need? the frag tank is 10"D x 20"W x 12"H.

• 5 weeks later...

If you are still looking, there are 10w chips that have both royal blue and cool white in them.

In a frag tank, if you are going for growth, just get a 1:1 NW:RB combo. 10k look and will give best growth.

Archived