Cultivated Reef

sun corals

gavin123

I feed mine cyclopeeze using a turkey baster, and usually afterwards the poyps come out. Make sure that they are placed in a well shaded area of your tank. The other time mine come out is when the moonlights are on. Thats when the poyps are fully extended. Its a beautiful coral!

divemasterdave

Me too! I use the cyclop-eeze just a tuch at a time till they come out. I have mine in the shade with the moon light nearby.

They need to be fed regularly. Since the presence of light does not harm them, I placed mine on top of my LR to facilitate feeding (I tried the plastic bottle hat method and it didn't work for me...). I use a plastic syringe with an airline tube that way I don't have to get my hands in the tank. It's been a week now and they are "happy". I coaxed them to open around dinner time (that's when I feed my clowns) -

i have three and my orange is such a hog that it comes out for just about anything. dose phyto... it comes out. clean the glass... it comes out. move some corals around and mix stuff up into the water... it comes out. mix up the substrate... it comes out. mine's open for most of the day.

the cyclopeeze is great. mine didnt comeout for around a week then i put in some cyclo powder, they where all out in a matter of min.

• 4 weeks later...

wow, yours look nice marlooney! i just got some sun polyps yesterday and i saw them come out for the first time today, i'm lovin it...i hope someday they come out as far as yours do, those things are EXTENDED

Archived