Innovative Marine Aquariums

A man passed away and made my day!

Toyfreek

A Friend of my girlfriends works at a hospital where a 42 year old man came in with a headache. this man passed away 12 hours later (a vein burst in his brain) his son sold all his stuff within the week, but asked my girlfriends friend if she knew where to dump boxes of books. she told him she could donate them to her church. She also knew I liked "fish tanks" and she told me there were a few fish books in the hundreds of books the son dropped off. Here's What the man was going to dump, and what I recieved.

1. The conscientious marine aquarist-Bob Fenner

2. Reef Fishes Vol 1-Scott W. Michael

3. natural reef aquariums-John Tullok

4. Encyclopedia of marine invertebrates- edited by Jerry Walls

5. Marine fishes-Scott Michael

6. The manual of Marine Invertebrates-Martin Haywood/Sue Wells

7. The Marine Aquarium- Dick Mills

8. Corals for the Reef Aquarium-Ed Puterbaugh/Eric Borneman

9. Marine Aquarium-Nick Dakin/Julian Sprung

Now for the fresh water selection:

1.The Most Complete Colored Lexicon of Cichlids-Signed and leatherbound - Dr. Herbert Axelrod

2.The complete Aqualog series on Cichlids 7 volumes

3.Complete book of dwarf Cichlids - Hans-Joachim Richter

4. The Cichlid Aquarium- Dr. Paul V. Loiselle

5. Cichlids The Pictorial Guide Vol. 1 and 2 Pablo Tepoot / Ian M. Tepoot.

The signed Axelrod leatherbound first edition is the most beautifull book I have ever owned. I almost peed in my pants when my girlfriend came home with these books. I never met the man But I sure wish I could have seen his tanks I bet they were beautifull.

well I hadda tell someone I was about to burst.

Toy

Wow!

I am sorry that the man passed away, but yet, I bet he would be glad that someone who appreciates the hobby got his books!

That cichlid book is fabulous....I've seen it, although I don't own it and it is amazing.

I was sitting here drooling over that list......I would have loved to have seen his tanks too......

You got an amazing collection of books there. Makes an excellent aquarium referance collection. Lucky guy. :P

Unfortunately a guy had to die.

But at least the books has come into the hands of someone who will appreciate them.

well,

I skimmed all the freshwater stuff and am starting the Marine stuff tonight. I have read Tullok and Bob fenners books before but they were library copies.

I wonder about the hundreds of other books that were going to be thrown away. Seems like all the son was interested was making money on the stuff he sold. gosh, I wonder how much equipment/Livestock was Dumped or Thrown away, I hope at least the tanks were sold to good homes.

Lunch I will work on the ID's tonight :)

By the way those Zoo's are out fully now and I am in awe they are beautifull Thank you so much for breaking off the assorted piece it's just freekin great!

TA,

Toy

glad you like. just remember my kindness for future trades. and i appreciate thwhat i got also....nice additions to my tank!!

do you have any of these? if so those are the 5 out of 5 rare ones. also the orange ones you got are 4 out of 5 too :D

hope to trade in the future!

Lunchbucket

p.s. what you find out about the LR? keep your eyes out for a 20gal RR tank too please

I have a twenty long that is drilled with a bulkhead on the side near the bottom that work for ya?

I also have an oceanic twenty gallon that isn't drilled.

yes there are a few of those guys poking thier heads out, I am enthralled by the cream colored ones never seen those before!

TA,

Toy

i HATE those cream ones....don't know why but i do...just too colorless but different i guess. you did get some of the super duper polyps then ;) lucky guy!!!!!!!

hmm, 20L w/ no overflow box. i am thinking of trying to find a 20Tall RR or have a one made w/ an overflow in it. i really don't want to use my HOT overflow but i guess i could.

what are the dimensions on the 20 oceanic? how old? what you want for it?

thanks

Lunchbucket

The oceanic one is 24"L x 12"w x 16"h

Measured with a cheasy tape measure though. the 16"high is debateable due to me measuring the moulding really like 17" but who counts the rim? It's a nice thick tank though. make me an offer or we can just take it off the light that I would like. either way get it outta my garage :)

I know this tank was used for housing crickets never had water in it (except for me to test it...It dosen't leak) Dunno how old it is.

See ya,

Toy

let me get my quotes back from a few tank manufacturers on making my RR and drilled 20T tank and if they are TOO much i would love ot get my hands on it. Oceanics are NICE. no idea what to offer though? might have to think about it and see what aga's run for. i guess i could use my HOT overflow if i had to. want RR but don't know if htat will happen :(

thanks

Lunchbucket

Archived